• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
You don't have a Monopoly on that you know! :p:D
He's one of the most arrogant people I've bumped into on any forum anywhere.

Still occasionally lol that he blocked/ignored me when I wouldn't agree that the 2060 was "a high-end card" and a bargain at £300-£400 quid :p :p

He's just a grade-A tool, with a major hard-on for nVidia.

^ Yeah, they know Richdog's ass will be the one doing the moving, twerking, spreading, etc.
Indeed :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
He's one of the most arrogant people I've bumped into on any forum anywhere.

Still occasionally lol that he blocked/ignored me when I wouldn't agree that the 2060 was "a high-end card" and a bargain at £300-£400 quid :p :p

He's just a grade-A tool, with a major hard-on for nVidia.
Lol. He stopped responding to me also once I set him straight recently after he replied to one of my posts with a bunch of nonsense :p:D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You guys need to calm down. this game looks no better than ff7 remake on the ps4 pro. Nothing i seen there was mega impressive. Hopefully the game play is better as that's not next gen to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz9QWTcbXYE
I agree, but what makes it special is the sheer level of detail and density of stuff. As much as I love graphics I hope they get the story and gameplay right and I will be more than happy even if graphics are not next gen.

Soldato
Pcgameshardware says the demo was with DLSS on:
https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Cyberpunk-2077-Spiel-20697/Specials/Cyberpunk-2077-Preview-Raytracing-1352917/

So,DLSS with a RTX2080TI at 1080p?? Only 5 months to get performance up everybody....! :D

I agree, but what makes it special is the sheer level of detail and density of stuff. As much as I love graphics I hope they get the story and gameplay right and I will be more than happy even if graphics are not next gen.

So what is the likelihood,Nvidia will gimp performance on everything which isn't Ampere?? Remember,the Witcher 3 at launch with Kepler and AMD GPUs?? Months later the other GPUs ran it much better. Maybe the new consoles will have a version which is not "PC optimised" by Nvidia?? :p

Last edited:
Soldato
https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Cyberpunk-2077-Spiel-20697/Specials/Cyberpunk-2077-Preview-Raytracing-1352917/

So,DLSS with a RTX2080TI at 1080p?? Only 5 months to get performance up everybody....! :D

So what is the likelihood,Nvidia will gimp performance on everything which isn't Ampere?? Remember,the Witcher 3 at launch with Kepler and AMD GPUs?? Months later the other GPUs ran it much better. Maybe the new consoles will have a version which is not "PC optimised" by Nvidia?? :p

LOL, that's very likely. I was thinking that the console version wouldn't be that much different yet kept a decent frame rate at higher resolutions.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

I would not be surprised. As you know though, I intend to go Ampere on release :p

Permabanned
It's not bad but it still suffers from not being able to maintain the clocks a third party cooler can, if you want to clock it up you need to crank the fan up.
Ok,

thus far I haven’t needed to clock it other than for benchmarks... but I tend to only play a bit of VR lately which barely taxes it.

when I was playing the latest BF, without RTX enabled I didn’t find a need to clock it, even playing at 3440x1440

Caporegime
Lol. He stopped responding to me also once I set him straight recently after he replied to one of my posts with a bunch of nonsense :p:D
I don't spend all my free time on the forums and I don't just keep replying non-stop to people I don't agree with... you 'set me straight' on nothing except in your own mind (I have used forums for two decades, so I'm fine with people thinking otherwise if it shuts them up :D). Unlike some of you, I just know when to let go and stop wasting my time in fruitless and repetitive circular arguments rather than prolonging them. Hope that better explains going forward why I don't sit there mashing away at the keyboard for every reply or silly question (I'm looking at you, chuk_chuk) you guys post. :)

Why would they need to "get their ass moving" if your going to buy their product no matter what?
Wow, that is one interesting misinterpretation. I meant their technological progress and innovation can get stagnant without strong competition... like any company that is leader for too long.

^ Yeah, they know Richdog's ass will be the one doing the moving, twerking, spreading, etc.

I love how people try and imply: "Nvidia fanboy" for saying a company is objectively better than another. Nvidia are currently the industry and performance leader... fact. I hope that changes and I will happily buy AMD next time. Blind loyalty to any brand without a good and justifiable underlying reason is irrational, as is not being able to handle criticism of a brand (as in your case) like a grown adult. ;)

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't spend all my free time on the forums and I don't just keep replying non-stop to people I don't agree with... you 'set me straight' on nothing except in your own mind (I have used forums for two decades, so I'm fine with people thinking otherwise if it shuts them up :D). Unlike some of you, I just know when to let go and stop wasting my time in fruitless and repetitive circular arguments rather than prolonging them. Hope that better explains going forward why I don't sit there mashing away at the keyboard for every reply or silly question (I'm looking at you, chuk_chuk) you guys post. :)
Looks at post count. Nuff said. Lol :p:D

Soldato
Why you guys are surprised that the game run at 1080p (with DLSS on)@60fps, when other games, older, have the same performance issue running with a lot less RT effects? Have you tried Metro Exodus with everything on RT on Ultra, Tomb Raider, Control? :)

This will have to run ok on current gen base consoles, so just disable RT and have fun.

PS: "But can it run Cyberpunk 2077"?

Soldato
Here is the footage - all in game gameplay running on an RTX2080ti with Ray Tracing and DLSS 2.0 enabled

That looks.....really,really average,TBH.

If the machine & specs hadn't been pointed out, I'd have assumed it was running on a current gen console, albeit the Pro or X.

Soldato

Of course they will they want you to buy ampere so it’s only obvious they will gimp performance on the 2080ti to get you to buy the new cards . 1080 with Ray tracing on why not 4K maybe it tanks at 4K lol.

Soldato
Of course they will they want you to buy ampere so it’s only obvious they will gimp performance on the 2080ti to get you to buy the new cards . 1080 with Ray tracing on why not 4K maybe it tanks at 4K lol.

Oh here we go again with the downgrade conspiracy theories, let me guess, 5G causes coronavirus huh

Caporegime
Are we talking about Cyberpunk? Digital Foundry were impressed with everything other than the LOD.

They said it's Deus Ex: Mankind Divided levels of detail in a Grand Theft Auto sized open World.

Back
Top Bottom