Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
I dont know about that gen of car but the current generation the E63 has about 100bhp more than the C63, so if that gen is the same it isnt surprising there is a noticable difference in performance. Ive been looking at E63S but not sure I can justify one to myself now that I work from home so barely do any driving at all now, it was going to be my last ICE car and wanted to go out in a v8

Yep, c63 was 456bhp, e63 550bhp

It’s been 2 years since I owned it and have been chugging round in a c250, maybe I’ve forgotten how quick the C was?

the E63 comes with a 3 year warranty, just waiting on more info on what the car has had done previously. I.e, will the brakes need doing in 2 weeks

This is the car I'm looking at:

https://www.inchcape.co.uk/used-cars/Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-E63-5dr-Auto-37186/

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Having not driven much for months, with the sun out, top down and quiet roads it has been a glorious commute. Opened up the V8 for the first time in ages. No idea what I'll ever change this car for.

Soldato
Having not driven much for months, with the sun out, top down and quiet roads it has been a glorious commute. Opened up the V8 for the first time in ages. No idea what I'll ever change this car for.

What model are you in? Sounds good! :D

Not quite open top, but flying through the Peak District yesterday with the Sunroof open and the V8 growling was glorious! I think I'm going to push the button and go for it! :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Is it an SLK55 which you have? Great engine :)

It sure is, the final naturally aspirated model. I drove home from work just now entertaining myself with the paddles. It’s great being able to get the power down with the warm roads. It’s not worth much anymore, it isn’t getting any younger, but it still looks and sounds great and keeps me very happy.

Soldato
Agreed. The 7G in my 2016 C250d was slow and right in-between gears when going over a roundabout, which happens a lot when you're in MK. The new 9G in my E400, and even the C200 I had as a courtesy car, is so much better.

This is the issue I have with mine. The 7G just gets it wrong every now and then. It's not too bad overall and I have driven far worse, but it's still a bit annoying.

Soldato
Yep, c63 was 456bhp, e63 550bhp

It’s been 2 years since I owned it and have been chugging round in a c250, maybe I’ve forgotten how quick the C was?

the E63 comes with a 3 year warranty, just waiting on more info on what the car has had done previously. I.e, will the brakes need doing in 2 weeks

This is the car I'm looking at:

https://www.inchcape.co.uk/used-cars/Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-E63-5dr-Auto-37186/

If you can find a 2015 with the newer head unit, you can put Android Auto and Apple Carplay on it. Did this with my 2015 E63.

Soldato
Does anybody regularly make use of the Mercedes Me app? I'm struggling to see what I would actually use it for. In all honesty, apart from the service status indicator I can't see anything on it that is worth the cost. I was hoping I'd be able to pay for smartphone integration as I don't have it as stock but it seems that isn't available for my car.

I use Waze as my satnav for the cameras so wasn't too fussed by the car-to-x or live traffic add-ons. Not bothered about being able to lock/unlock the car remotely although the collision detection notifications look good.

The only two features I would like but can't have are the smartphone integration and the pre-heating ability.

Perhaps somebody can inspire me or prove me wrong about it largely being a bit of a gimmick?

Soldato
Does anybody regularly make use of the Mercedes Me app? I'm struggling to see what I would actually use it for. In all honesty, apart from the service status indicator I can't see anything on it that is worth the cost. I was hoping I'd be able to pay for smartphone integration as I don't have it as stock but it seems that isn't available for my car.

I use Waze as my satnav for the cameras so wasn't too fussed by the car-to-x or live traffic add-ons. Not bothered about being able to lock/unlock the car remotely although the collision detection notifications look good.

The only two features I would like but can't have are the smartphone integration and the pre-heating ability.

Perhaps somebody can inspire me or prove me wrong about it largely being a bit of a gimmick?

I looked into it specifically for service notifications and pre-heating but saw the pre-heating was only available for hybrid models I think?

Associate

I got a year of it when I bought my car. I didn't renew when the time came because it doesn't offer enough. Remote lock/unlock is nice but not necessary. Like you, I only really wanted smartphone integration and pre-heating, neither of which I can have anyway. I don't do enough miles to warrant having live traffic either.

daz

daz

Soldato

I mainly use it if I forget to lock my car.

Also potentially handy if you leave your car in one of those airport car parks and you want to see how it's been driven...

Soldato
I bought my car when it as 1 year old, so had the full set of modules. Most weren’t even used, although sending addresses via the app when I was on a road trip across Europe was quite useful, OTA map updates and traffic updates with sat nav rerouting was good. Other than that the app is rubbish as it would give me false alarms that I hadn’t shut the windows or the sunroof was open when it wasn’t.

Back
Top Bottom