Reviews for Gigabyte G32QC / G27Q ?

Associate
I've just taken delivery of this item after work purchased it for me to use whilst working from home. This is limited testing as i've only had it a few hours

Colours are lovely and the build is very nice.

I've had a 20 minute session on Apex Legends...and sadly there seems to be some ghosting. My old monitor was a BENQ XL11T 144hz so I'm comparing it to that.

I've set it to 165hz and tested with Overdrive set to Quality and also Speed, but the ghosting still seems to be present.
I'll keep playing around to see if I can improve things.

Soldato
OP
Hi, that doesnt sound promising knew VA have that problem thought it being new might improved was debating this or 27 inch IPS screen which costs more

Thanks

Associate
After a few more weeks testing and using it on a different system with better performance. I've completely changed my opinion of this monitor. Quality is perfect and the ghosting I mentioned was clearly due to my older systems performance.

Also set the Overdrive to balanced, disabled the Gamma settings and also toned down the sharpness.

Now Apex legends and Warzone look the best they ever have for me. Very happy with this screen.

Soldato
After a few more weeks testing and using it on a different system with better performance. I've completely changed my opinion of this monitor. Quality is perfect and the ghosting I mentioned was clearly due to my older systems performance.

Also set the Overdrive to balanced, disabled the Gamma settings and also toned down the sharpness.

Now Apex legends and Warzone look the best they ever have for me. Very happy with this screen.

That's good to see! Are you using the 27" or 31.5" version?

Edit: I see you mentioned 165Hz, so must be the G32QC.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
thats good to hear still deciding over this or the Samsung G7 32 will wait for some more reviews

Samsung does cost more but does have 240hz and HDR 600

Last edited:
Associate
Woud love to hear more about this monitor.. Adam who runs pcmonitors.info was saying that the 1500r panel in this screen should be free of the partial subpixel rendering issues that are in a lot of 32" that use the SVA.

Associate
Black levels to me seem fine, however I have noticed some black light bleed at the top left and top right of the display.

It looks like there is a spotlight on both corners.

However colours throughout are fantastic.

Associate
So i bought one of these over the weekend with a sunday delivery, sad to say i feel this monitor is not fit for purpose.

Associate
Hi folks! Can anyone with one of these monitors comment on G Sync performance? I've got my eye on the G27Q as my first high refresh rate monitor but am hesitant as no reviews have mentioned it so far.

Associate
May I ask why ? Looking at buying a G32QC, especially after MrMacca seemed quite happy with it...
Sorry dude, didn't even see your reply come thhrough to my email. That thing had horrible pixel response time, and trying to play CS:go on it was a complete mess! :( Hope you avoided it :)

Associate
Hi folks! Can anyone with one of these monitors comment on G Sync performance? I've got my eye on the G27Q as my first high refresh rate monitor but am hesitant as no reviews have mentioned it so far.

Gigabyte monitors don't really seem to get much in the way of reviews...

That said, i had a little look online.
Gigabyte G27Q's panel is listed on tftcentral as: 1ms MPRT + 144Hz 27" AU Optronics AHVA (M270DAN02.B)
May be worth looking on https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/panelsearch.htm and searching for just M270DAN02 withhout the '.b' as there are a few variants of that same panel. M270DAN02.2 M270DAN02.3 etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/7o4t3r/the_never_ending_questions/

Some info about those panel variants on a reddit post i found. I would look into this more, but it is 5.30am and it is bedtime!

good luck man ;)

Associate

Have you updated to the latest firmware revision F09?

Back
Top Bottom