Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Series S rumours just won't go away.

report out couple hours ago says a leaked Microsoft document points towards the Series S specs.

The unannounced series s has 8gb of gddr6 memory, 4tflop gpu and 3ghz amd zen 2 cpu. Performance target is 1080p 60fps

Caporegime
OP
Series S rumours just won't go away.

report out couple hours ago says a leaked Microsoft document points towards the Series S specs.

The unannounced series s has 8gb of gddr6 memory, 4tflop gpu and 3ghz amd zen 2 cpu. Performance target is 1080p 60fps

So that should be about £249 worth of gear as it's about the same as Xbox One X, I should imagine.

Man of Honour
Significantly better CPU though, so hopefully should show the X a clean pair of heals.

And a weaker GPU, even counting for the difference in "Teraflop quality".

For a 1080p30 machine for next gen AAA games it should be in a great place spec wise as it's the CPU and HDD that really crippled the current gen.

Should maybe still have the SSD as well I wonder.

It will. Just like the Switch, you can scale the graphics settings by changing the GPU clocks but you can't scale the CPU and storage speeds without fundamentally changes the game's core features.

Last edited:
Soldato
I rather like the concept art look of the Series S. I bet for a large number of people, they'd hardly notice any real difference between the two consoles for the games they play.

Id imagine that a Series S box would look like the Series X but just half the size - same design, half the size

Caporegime
OP
If it is anything like the mockups (half the height of XSX) then I guess it has external power brick as well. I think that component lies on the other side of the Blu-ray drive.

EDIT: Or not. Power supply seems to be opposite side of the vapour chamber.

Soldato
As someone who still has a 1080p TV, with no intention of changing to 4K any time soon, this is the console I'm hoping for. I don't need the power that the Series X and PS5 bring. I don't particularly want to pay ~£500 for over-the-top hardware. If the Series S is really a thing, and costs less than £250, I will be very tempted. Those specs suggest the experience on XSS should be very similar to XSX, only at a lower resolution. Great.

Soldato
As someone who still has a 1080p TV, with no intention of changing to 4K any time soon, this is the console I'm hoping for. I don't need the power that the Series X and PS5 bring. I don't particularly want to pay ~£500 for over-the-top hardware. If the Series S is really a thing, and costs less than £250, I will be very tempted. Those specs suggest the experience on XSS should be very similar to XSX, only at a lower resolution. Great.

It woudl still be a lot more powerful than the XSS in a few ways.

Soldato
I sold my RTX2070S for 400 squid, so got a GPUless PC sat there doing nothing, but then I have my RTX2070 laptop, I was intending on buying an RTX3080, but not sure about laptop for computer things and console for gaming, will be a dilemma, again.

Soldato
Looks like Perfect Dark is basically confirmed.

Earlier today, someone found a hidden @PerfectDarkGame Twitter account. The account had one follower. It's now been discovered that that one follower is @realklobb aka Ken Lobb, creative director at Xbox Game Studios. Oops :D

The search is now on to find out who the one follower for the @Fable account is.

Soldato
Looks like Perfect Dark is basically confirmed.

Earlier today, someone found a hidden @PerfectDarkGame Twitter account. The account had one follower. It's now been discovered that that one follower is @realklobb aka Ken Lobb, creative director at Xbox Game Studios. Oops :D

The search is now on to find out who the one follower for the @Fable account is.

Maybe, maybe not. Greenberg came out to say it's standard policy for them to get these accounts setup in advance for all IPs.

Soldato
Really excited for this gen. Hope the July conf goes well. Seems like the box is well engineered.

I think most of the dash issues will be fixed purely by using ssd/fast cpu.

Soldato
I'm starting to come around to the idea of getting a Series X rather than a PS5, though I'll probably own both later on down the line. The fact that Halo Infinite is going to be a launch title is a huge positive for MS and I personally really dislike the design and colour of the PS5. If MS do a good job with the games conference in July and there are some good titles coming out at or around launch then I think I'll be sold on the Series X.

Back
Top Bottom