Do you ever have strong opinions on OCUK Threads or User comments?

Soldato
Followed by the feeling that you just can't be arsed to get involved so you don't bother posting , I wondered if it was just me or if others felt the same?

Last edited:
Soldato
Not you - I feel the same - just can't be assed to talk to knowalls even if they are wrong - Also it's not just on here but on a lot of forums I have been on.

On one, I and a lot of other members left at the same time but have noticed after looking in a few times after 5 yrs the Mods got their finger out and cleaned it up but even now I still get the bad taste.

Consigliere
There have been occasions I have started to reply to someone then changed my mind (recently!). I've been here a while so seen it all kick off quite a few times but only more recently have I become "active" again.

Certainly feels more calm/mature than a few years ago. :p

Soldato
I feel the same, I do post in some threads but there's a lot of things I write and then delete before posting - as theres no point replying to some comments - you're not going to change their mind :)

This quote sums it up nicely
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Soldato
There have been occasions I have started to reply to someone then changed my mind (recently!). I've been here a while so seen it all kick off quite a few times but only more recently have I become "active" again.

Certainly feels more calm/mature than a few years ago. :p

I'm the same, sometimes I'll start to write a reply, then think it's not worth the following arguments.

OP, you are not alone :D

Associate
Sometimes feel like replying to things but often wouldn't improve things so don't bother, some places, not here, it's like arguing with the radio :)

Soldato
can be hard to tell on here whether you're arguing with someone with heartfelt belief in their viewpoint or someone who's just arguing for the sake of a bit of drama/entertainment.

sometimes it's better just to quit while you're ahead.

Caporegime
There’s a select group of posters on here who are just so set in their views, it’s not worth engaging with them. They’ll persistently accuse you of being wrong on an issue and unable to consider others views, when they are like a brick wall and believe their view should be unchallenged.

Permabanned
Yeah I'm generally repulsed by anything in Speaker's Corner. Unfortunately the site doesn't let you configure New Posts to only show the categories your interested in. In the end I asked to be banned from Speaker's Corner to avoid constantly getting annoyed.

Soldato
can be hard to tell on here whether you're arguing with someone with heartfelt belief in their viewpoint or someone who's just arguing for the sake of a bit of drama/entertainment.

sometimes it's better just to quit while you're ahead.

Arguing for the sake of it is the only way to go about it.

How can you argue with someones belief system, if they could agree to your argument on the topic they would have already reached that themselves.

Whatever belief or opinion you have, its wrong, once you acknowledge that, you can move to the next level.

Back
Top Bottom