• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Man of Honour
Like Win 10? There is literally more than double, Almost x3 the latency from Pre creators update on Nvidia. I noticed some games even at 280hz still are not up to standard for me.

Its been ages and no one has done anything about it. Most do not even know it happened!

On Windows 7 with the more recent drivers the latency problems of a few drivers back have gone for me. Though I still have issues with some 3D desktop applications and G-Sync in Windowed mode not performing as they should but now at least that goes away with G-Sync in fullscreen mode without having to turn off both G-Sync and ultra low latency mode to get back to where it was.

Permabanned
On Windows 7 with the more recent drivers the latency problems of a few drivers back have gone for me. Though I still have issues with some 3D desktop applications and G-Sync in Windowed mode not performing as they should but now at least that goes away with G-Sync in fullscreen mode without having to turn off both G-Sync and ultra low latency mode to get back to where it was.

Well i got my older win install which is still 1903, And the last set of NV drivers and guess what i get watching Japan 8k Youtube fullscreen video? Close to 200 DPC latency which is a disgrace, I had pre creators on my 1080 a max of 55 and now you aee it 150+ on all media with no explanation.

Makes me so mad, And this is my tweaked HPET off in bios system not a new Ryzen/Intel with not even a HPET toggle, Its a tweaked system geared TOWARDS latency! :p

Soldato
Hi chaps, I am having similar issues with my GTX 1060 6GB.

2004, latest drivers installed a day or two back, no issues noted. Today, PC wouldn't boot. Removed display driver in safe mode and Windows boots fine. Been through a few DDU cycles and previous driver versions but get a BSOD during install.
Could be a hardware issue but having just read through the past few posts thinking 2004 related? DXDiag says 12_1 for me too.

I'll clean install and report back...

Soldato
Hi chaps, I am having similar issues with my GTX 1060 6GB.

2004, latest drivers installed a day or two back, no issues noted. Today, PC wouldn't boot. Removed display driver in safe mode and Windows boots fine. Been through a few DDU cycles and previous driver versions but get a BSOD during install.
Could be a hardware issue but having just read through the past few posts thinking 2004 related? DXDiag says 12_1 for me too.

I'll clean install and report back...

Nobodies is 12_2 as explained earlier AFAIK.

Associate
12_1 is currently the latest. 12_2 will apparently be added later on in an update. If we have dx12 ultimate now though how come gpuz reports mesh shader as unsupported as I thought that was supposed to be part of dx12 ultimate.

Permabanned
Yeh, please RMA 2004 to Microsoft and tell 'em its pants.

So that is the current build then? I had 1903, Then there was 1909 all pants and utterly broke compared to pre creators. Now you say 2004 sucks too? Sheesh i wonder when it is actually safe to format at all then i was sort of waiting for this dx 12 thing and then do it.

Microsoft are unfit custodians of a gaming OS to be honest, Were gonna get to the point where our hardwares great but compared to the PS5 OS i bet you the last years Windows 10 would look like bloated garbage which it is.

Soldato
So that is the current build then? I had 1903, Then there was 1909 all pants and utterly broke compared to pre creators. Now you say 2004 sucks too? Sheesh i wonder when it is actually safe to format at all then i was sort of waiting for this dx 12 thing and then do it.

Microsoft are unfit custodians of a gaming OS to be honest, Were gonna get to the point where our hardwares great but compared to the PS5 OS i bet you the last years Windows 10 would look like bloated garbage which it is.

Have a look around the web, 2004 has a lot of problems.

I have a pretty stable system, maybe have one or two BSOD's a year, 2004 gave me three in three days, with BSOD types I've never seen before.

Returned to 1909 and system is stable once again.

I'll be bypassing 2004 and hoping MS have a more thoroughly tested bi-annual release next time around.

You're right about MS, I think a lot of people (me included) would have ditched it if not for gaming.

Soldato
So based on my troubles above I was going to do a clean install, however I decided to reset the PC, choosing to download latest files from cloud.

So keeping with 2004. This time the latest drivers installed fine!

The 3 last changes to my PC prior were notepad++ and ccleaner updated, the third was the new windows edge. So I reckon it could have been Edge.

Running Pro here and my 2080 Super has USB3.2 type c port.

Soldato
Using 2004 w10 and latest drivers and all good...definite performance increase in MW4 but also just feels more responsive with the hardware acceleration on...feels faster even at same FPS cap....maybe just too many redbulls lol :)

Back
Top Bottom