Escape from Tarkov

Associate
Is anyone playing tonight? I've joined Discord especially to get a 5 man group together, if possible, so that I can do the delivery from the past in safety. My son is also in the same position and has pretty much lost everything he owns trying to do the mission. Will need to repeat the customs run to re-get the package. sigh.

Soldato
I'm not around tonight - They have reduced factory from 6 PMC to 5 so should be easier now - Just push it fast and quick and have one covering and one planting.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Yup, that's why i wanted a 5 man squad. easy street :)
It's not guaranteed though, a sixth solo can still get in. And player scavs. Haven't done it yet this wipe, but previously I just did a night run and waited half the raid time before going to the placement location without any issues.

Associate
If you can last your first wipe period the second is much more enjoyable.
Me and my mate beared with it for the first few months being battered, after the wipe it evens the playing field and you can keep on level with most players in terms of gear / spare cash.

Soldato
If you can last your first wipe period the second is much more enjoyable.
Me and my mate beared with it for the first few months being battered, after the wipe it evens the playing field and you can keep on level with most players in terms of gear / spare cash.

I will carry on playing i have been playing solo for the past few weeks and still enjoying it, finding it hard to do some of the quests dorms is always action packed.

Associate
I will carry on playing i have been playing solo for the past few weeks and still enjoying it, finding it hard to do some of the quests dorms is always action packed.

Dorms quest are always worth waiting till the last 5 minutes night time raids. dorms normally has action for the first 10 minutes then no one has any interest in it.

Associate
Havent played this wipe yet, probably the wrong time to start with all the Chads running about but im installing it now to try out on my new system.
I'll be up for some beginning quests over next few days if anyone else is.

Soldato
I've given up on this, as a casual player it just stopped being fun. Couldn't afford to upgrade my guns to be on a level playing field and sneaking around to loot doesn't work either as all the hatchet runners get all the good stuff.

Soldato
I've given up on this, as a casual player it just stopped being fun. Couldn't afford to upgrade my guns to be on a level playing field and sneaking around to loot doesn't work either as all the hatchet runners get all the good stuff.

I wish they'd add a single player campaign, even if just a short one so that casual players could learn and still have some sort of sense of progression. Sure you can play offline mode and scav but that gets boring.

Associate
I've got over 1200 hrs in this game now and still die a lot. This game is not entirely about gear (although it does help) you can drop geared players with just a pistol, which i have several times.
I believe there was talk of a single player or story led campaign when the game is finally released.

Best advice - do the quests and get to level 10 quickly (flea market), upgrade the hideout as well esp for items required for quests.

Use your scav to rat a lot, the best way to get good gear is to play shoreline wait until the end of the raid (last 10 mins) then go to the East wing ground floor. There will often be several well geared dead players and raiders (if your lucky), ive had scav runs doing this where i literally couldnt take all the loot.

Soldato

Its brutal for new players. zero information provided on what you are supposed to do or where you are supposed to go. And on top of that, your player stats are zero so you cant run far, run fast, carry much, shoot well, loot quick, hear distant things, sell anything for much profit...and you make lots of noise just walking around. Its stacked in favor of players who play often. Its impossible to play without the wiki or maps to guide you.

I can clap players on other games (Squad being my primary game) with relative ease but I get my ass handed to me every time on Tarkov. I think it just attracts the crème of FPS players. Having said that, ive kind enjoyed the journey to the level which im at now and will keep grinding.

Soldato
But i'm not a new player and do know most of the maps. I end up with AK's with massive recoil and PACA vests with green helmets vs fully kitted people, there's no way i can compete when i can't even afford bullets to penetrate their armour even if i manege to keep my recoil in check. The alternative is hatchet runs which i do not want to do. I have loads of Shoreline keys but never any items left when i get there.

Back
Top Bottom