Experience with B Grade Items

Associate
Thinking of buying a b grade pc case. just wonder if its worth the £40 discount on new.

You found a B Grade item cheaper than it is new???? :)

Checked other sites? Some terrible prices at present (and for some time) from OCUK. Im checking full systems at present as want a complete overhaul before end of year and comparing OCUK to a competitor its shocking. For example Radiance pro v Competitor you have 9900k v 10900, 2080 super (dual) v rtx2080ti, 250 SSD v 1tb and its costs £500 more? In fact is was £800 more until the "£300 off deal" OCUK have put on. How is that possible? In its defence it has one or two better components (at a lesser cost) but the real difference in price and performance is the ones i listed. Thats crazy! Same is true for pretty much every system at least for the £2000+ mark. Anything at same price tends to have worse components, most noticeably a lesser performing gpu. Its very disappointing for the consumer looking for a value. End of rant

O and to answer the question, just get the brand new, its £40 more but its new and untainted.

Last edited:
Soldato
You found a B Grade item cheaper than it is new???? :)

Checked other sites? Some terrible prices at present (and for some time) from OCUK. Im checking full systems at present as want a complete overhaul before end of year and comparing OCUK to a competitor its shocking. For example Radiance pro v Competitor you have 9900k v 10900, 2080 super (dual) v rtx2080ti, 250 SSD v 1tb and its costs £500 more? In fact is was £800 more until the "£300 off deal" OCUK have put on. How is that possible? In its defence it has one or two better components (at a lesser cost) but the real difference in price and performance is the ones i listed. Thats crazy! Same is true for pretty much every system at least for the £2000+ mark. Anything at same price tends to have worse components, most noticeably a lesser performing gpu. Its very disappointing for the consumer looking for a value. End of rant

O and to answer the question, just get the brand new, its £40 more but its new and untainted.

Maybe the share holders need more cash.

Biggest pc retailer but sells lots of items for more than the smaller ones. Doesn't really make sense does it?

It's like my local shop sell big chocolate bars for £1 yet Tesco have them at £1.50 bit I'll bet they buy them for half the price for the local shop because they buy in massive bulk.

Soldato
Thinking of buying a b grade pc case. just wonder if its worth the £40 discount on new.

Did you really need to continue an old thread just create a new one ? Plus this is the graphics card section not Gen Hardware !! :p

B Grade items section is not maintained regularly. They are just put in there and left untouched price wise. Thats why sometimes the price states is more than new.
If there is something you want in B grade post in CS forum with an offer and they will either accept it or counter offer.
I've done this many times and bought quite a few b grade items.

Latest two were b grade RTX 2060 £199 and b grade Gigabyte 5700xt OC £275.

Soldato
Bought a B Grade GPU, which artifacted badly out of the box, was clearly a customer return as all the packaging had been opened, CD was misisng etc, never again!

same with a 2080ti I bought b grade its the risk you take but at least you can return it for a refund. If you know that and accept it beforehand then often the discount is worth it and the end product is sometimes brand new.

Soldato
I'm using a Rog Swift TN panal that was £360 and a 34" superwide monitor that was £450 both I got B-Grade and they both still work fine , although I think the power brick on the swift might not be so great.

Soldato
A few years ago i bought a B-Grade motherboard. Box was a bit battered and torn, but the board was like new and worked perfectly. Came with all accessories including the rear IO plate.

More recently i bought a Noctua CPU cooler and it was brand new. Was missing the thermal paste but i had some spare so not a problem.

Nice that you can haggle the price down in CS, not sure if you could before.

Man of Honour
I'm using a Rog Swift TN panal that was £360 and a 34" superwide monitor that was £450 both I got B-Grade and they both still work fine , although I think the power brick on the swift might not be so great.

Dunno if they've improved it since but the power brick on the older ROG Swift wasn't great in the first place - the voltage regulation was shockingly poor when I stuck some of them on an oscilloscope. I'm talking ebay special kind of poor not what you'd expect as part of a supposedly premium package - even the generic no-name brand "compatible" replacements you could buy online were considerably better.

Soldato
Dunno if they've improved it since but the power brick on the older ROG Swift wasn't great in the first place - the voltage regulation was shockingly poor when I stuck some of them on an oscilloscope. I'm talking ebay special kind of poor not what you'd expect as part of a supposedly premium package - even the generic no-name brand "compatible" replacements you could buy online were considerably better.

Yes I was also made aware of that by some others too Rroff , wish I had known that at the time lol.

Soldato
The chap i spoke to couldnt apologise enough. He said there were a few sapphire cards that all looked the same. He thinks the B grade 580 they still have may be the 5700XT so someone may get a bargain. Its the first negative experience ive had with b grade in all the years ive had it.

Back
Top Bottom