Do you ever have strong opinions on OCUK Threads or User comments?

Soldato
Nothing beats the poo emoji being thrown into the middle of a heated debate between a Trump supporter and a sane person :D

Sane people don't argue with Trump supporters. :p

I'm actually a little more disturbed by the behaviours of those "sane" people. You might have logic, reason and facts on your side but you'll never get through. It's like stopping to engage with a lunatic spouting nonsense in the street. How often do you do that? You just don't.

Man of Honour
I sometimes hold back posting, when someone isn't specifically replying to me, when someone repeatedly reposts the same opinion that I've disagreed with so as not to needle them.

What I do find frustrating is when someone holds an opinion but even when every basis for that opinion has been comprehensively shot down they simply move onto a new, just as flawed, basis for that same opinion rather than question whether their opinion is right. It is a very different story if the basis is debatable or they can put forward reason as to why counter points might not hold as much water as they seem, etc.

Soldato
25+ years on the web you get a thick skin. I just say what I think, and as long as its not offensive I don't particularly care.

The ones that always want to get the last word in I do wonder if they have issues though.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sane people don't argue with Trump supporters. :p

I'm actually a little more disturbed by the behaviours of those "sane" people. You might have logic, reason and facts on your side but you'll never get through. It's like stopping to engage with a lunatic spouting nonsense in the street. How often do you do that? You just don't.

I don't really take part, I just like throwing in the poop emoji because it's funny :p

Caporegime
About a third of my posts don't end up being submitted.

I also edit too much.

This.

I'm not that opinionated on here, but I am often aggressively defensive.

On social media though, I am incredibly opinionated and will argue with idiots. Which is why I've deactivated my Facebook profile, for the sake of my sanity. :p

Caporegime
A lot of these people I talk of also like to make their points in extremely patronising and often sarcastic ways as though they believe they are a font of knowledge and are educating a lower class idiot. Their posting style gets people’s backs up straight away.

I'm quite possibly the most guilty of this. Sadly despite my best efforts to knock it off, I seem to be incapable which drives me up the wall as I'm a really lovely person. That's what my mom says anyway.

Caporegime
Posting less and less these days, especially after a few downright nasty emails sent to me about comments I’ve made in a thread (wtf?)

On the whole a great community but let down by a few tedious morons.

Back
Top Bottom