*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

Man of Honour
I've moved on my eGPU setup already. It was good at what it did, but like when I had a gaming PC I cannot for the life of me enjoy playing games. The added performance in macOS was nice, but massively overkill for my usage.

I do have the cable still which I'm planning to sell. If your interested let me know and I'll stick it on MM.

LOL!!! Knew it

Soldato
IMG-3768.jpg

IMG-5005.jpg

Will sort out the cable management when I get my new bigger white desk and will put the Mac Mini & eGPU under the desk on brackets so everything is hidden.

The Vanhaus gas powered arm is fantastic for these 32" monitors.

What these monitor like please viewing angels

Soldato
Recently added the following hardware to my setup.

Razer Core X
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
Huawei VR 2 cable

You can see the Razer Core X under the desk, I have it in a vertical orientation to allow me to use the 0.5m passive TB3 cable to the Mac mini above. I did have it on my desk but I prefer to have it under the desk as it's quieter. The Huawei VR 2 cable allows me to connect the Display Port out on the 5700 XT, combine it with USB-A and output to USB-C to drive my 23.7" LG UltraFine 4K monitor.

Windows has been installed in boot camp allowing me to play games on there as well using the 5700 XT. This is pretty much my perfect setup.

XSJZusG.png

XoPY9K6.jpg
Is that the monitor you get from apple store?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Cant make my mind up if it worth the money over the others you can get such as the LG further up

Depends if you value the features. It’s a great monitor to use a hub due to the thunderbolt 3 ports. It has a superior PPI to the bigger monitors excluding the 5K which means crystal clear text and UI. The colour the monitor produces is excellent and important if you work with colour.

Soldato
My new 16 inch MacBook Pro and got a new monitor arm for my LG 38 UC99.

pByz8ZB_d.jpg

The Alienware is going to my sister for Xmas to play sims on. The 15 inch is broken but just about stayed alive to sync data to my new MacBook.

the 13 inch and dell XPS are my better half’s that I am updating.

Soldato
My old MacBook unibody - very first model that was aluminium in the MacBook range - remember when they were only either white or black!?-

It is time to retire the old one after 12 years, truth be told I stopped using it years ago as it simply doesn't have the performance even for simple everyday tasks and the battery is knackered. I'm tempted to try installing the original Snow Leopard OS on it to see if that will improve performance but its just a very nice looking paperweight at the moment.
50001021742_23d349a65f_h.jpg

Decided to treat myself to a new MacBook Air. The new one is a MacBook Air (2020) i5, 512gb SSD, 8gb ram. Very happy with the purchase and enjoying using a Mac again.
50000240083_5fffd7434e_h.jpg

50001015807_997a89613a_h.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Recently added the following hardware to my setup.

Razer Core X
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
Huawei VR 2 cable

You can see the Razer Core X under the desk, I have it in a vertical orientation to allow me to use the 0.5m passive TB3 cable to the Mac mini above. I did have it on my desk but I prefer to have it under the desk as it's quieter. The Huawei VR 2 cable allows me to connect the Display Port out on the 5700 XT, combine it with USB-A and output to USB-C to drive my 23.7" LG UltraFine 4K monitor.

Windows has been installed in boot camp allowing me to play games on there as well using the 5700 XT. This is pretty much my perfect setup.

XSJZusG.png

XoPY9K6.jpg

My personal computing needs are now met by an iPad Pro 11 and iPhone SE. For work I have a work laptop that I may replace with an ARM MacBook once we have those released and reviewed. Gaming for now isn’t something I’m doing and if I do then a next gen console should do the trick.
3E11FD05-3CAC-4A56-810B-2E87B5A9C816.jpeg

Soldato
My personal computing needs are now met by an iPad Pro 11 and iPhone SE. For work I have a work laptop that I may replace with an ARM MacBook once we have those released and reviewed. Gaming for now isn’t something I’m doing and if I do then a next gen console should do the trick.

I’d be interested in knowing whether you use an external keyboard, mouse / trackpad, or monitor with your iPad. I have experience of the first two, but have never tried plugging into a screen with mine. I worked solely on an iPad a few years ago, and it was great, so I quite fancy going back to that now :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I’d be interested in knowing whether you use an external keyboard, mouse / trackpad, or monitor with your iPad. I have experience of the first two, but have never tried plugging into a screen with mine. I worked solely on an iPad a few years ago, and it was great, so I quite fancy going back to that now :)

I’ve used it with a keyboard and mouse which works well, a track pad would be better for the gestures. No plans to connect to a monitor. I think it keeps the same aspect ratio so you end up with black side bars.

Soldato
I’ve used it with a keyboard and mouse which works well, a track pad would be better for the gestures. No plans to connect to a monitor. I think it keeps the same aspect ratio so you end up with black side bars.

Yes, that’s my understanding also. I think that a dockable iPad with true external monitor support would make a pretty compelling system.

I really like your choice of folio case colour, too :)

Associate

Could go with Apple Arcade if you're wanting to keep the costs down. Great pic btw.

Soldato
Taken with the XS Max, here's my full set up now. I like having a full-sized keyboard, as I do work with spreadsheets from time to time and do a fair amount of writing. I am definitely a lot more accurate on there than I am with the keyboard on the MacBook! Magic Mouse because I like them and will always prefer a mouse over a keyboard. Both expensive but work brilliantly so far.

MacBook is the current upper tier 10th Gen i5, 16GB LPDDR4X, 500GB SSD. Space Grey everything! :)

Commissario
I still hate the mouse but I keep wanting to replace my keyboard and trackpad with the space grey ones. There's nothing wrong with the ones I have, except they're not space grey.

I guess I could probably recuperate some of the cost if I buy new ones by flogging these second hand but I imagine it'd be quite a loss.

Back
Top Bottom