What TV shows are you currently watching

Caporegime
I greatly enjoyed Trollhunters, another Dreamworks animated show. I actually started watching just to check it was ok for my son, then aged 7 or 8, as it was rated 12 on Netflix at the time (now a PG, not sure why it changed). But it was so good, I ended up watching the whole first season, then 2 and 3 when they were released :D

Tales of Arcadia: 3Below is better, and has crossover with TH :D

Soldato
I was flicking through NowTV today to see if I could find anything worth keeping my subscription for and came across Avenue 5, which is a sitcom based on a space cruise starring Hugh Laurie and a few other recognisable characters. I’ve watched 2 episodes so far and am finding it mildly amusing and the space setting is cool.
Just checked and it’s a 2020 release created by Armando Iannucci.

Soldato
Homeland...smashed season 1 and now starting 2. How have i missed this! :o SO addictive.

I personally think Season 1 is one of the best seasons of TV out there. Many will tell you it falls off in later seasons, which tbf it does, but go through to the end and you'll enjoy it, it picks up again IMO.

Slightly related, I've just finished Billions S4. It took a while for me to get into. I feel they talked too much shop in S1 and I couldn't understand a lot of what they were talking about, but then it just moved on to plotting and scheming and it picked up.

Soldato
I personally think Season 1 is one of the best seasons of TV out there. Many will tell you it falls off in later seasons, which tbf it does, but go through to the end and you'll enjoy it, it picks up again IMO.

@SideWinder as Andy has mentioned, S1 is excellent and some of the best TV in the last decade. The drop off seems to happen around S4 and through to the mid point of S6 it's a slog to get through. Happy to say that the latter half of S6 and S7 are great and i'm currently watching S8 now which seems a return to form.

Slightly related, I've just finished Billions S4. It took a while for me to get into. I feel they talked too much shop in S1 and I couldn't understand a lot of what they were talking about, but then it just moved on to plotting and scheming and it picked up.

Billions is an odd one for me, one of my favourite ever shows but much of the time I can't follow all the 'shop talk' but it's the great performances and actual human side that keeps me loving it. The quality of actors throughout the show is really top notch.

Also, Wags is just unbeaten as a character in recent years, so entertaining.

Soldato
Finished Father Ted - still awesome
Finished Spaced - still awesome

Future Man - half way through S1, some laughs and some awks scenes when watching with your teenage kids :)

Dark S3 - to start.

Soldato
Very late to the show (excuse the pun) but started House MD late last year and just finished the series today.

Quite good, although not helping that I watched so much of it in relatively short time so things were a little "samey" and formulaic towards the end and felt the whole game show thing dragged on a bit too much in S4 when they switched up the dynamic.

Ending was perfect in some ways but definitely missed the boat by not using, "You can't always get what you want" as the final song ;)

Soldato
His Dark Materials on iPlayer.

I've been reading the books with my son and, having recently finished the first, thought we should finally watch the series. It's really good after 2 episodes. Seems to be bringing in some stuff from the 2nd book (I assume: we haven't got to these particular bits yet)

Unfortunately, it's only on iPlayer until Sunday evening, so will have to rush!
BBC extended its ^ presence on iPlayer a couple of days before it disappeared, so I today finished the season. Was great, looking forward to S2. Due apparently later this year.

Started Goliath S3. I really enjoyed S1, but S2 was terrible. 3 episodes in, and S3 seems another bad one. Not enjoying it much at all.

Soldato
Could anyone recommend a good supernatural show ?
Im upto date with supernatural, stranger things Sabrina, and watched grimm a number of times

Or a comadey
Im up to date with the big bang theory, Goldbergs, Young Sheldon, Last man standing, Brooklyn nine nine

Back
Top Bottom