New cooling setup help needed

Associate
HI all first time poster, so sorry if its in the wrong section, i have the following parts from my old case

Aorus x570 pro
ryzen 3700x
16gb ram @3200mhz
H100i v2

Now i have gone form a very cheap case to a new ECLIPSE P600S case https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phan...s-silent-midi-tower-case-white-ca-08u-pt.html now my h100i vs is getting old and every now and then the pumps starting to make a noise , so am thinking its on its way out. So as the fans in the old case are so poor there not even worth melting the plastic on them i wont be using them.

So am after recommendations on a new AIO or AIR cooler for the cpu , and case fans (the new case comes with 3x140mm fans but don't know how good they are) is it worth keeping the case fans that come with the new case..or getting totally new ones ? i would also like a opinion on RGB as well if you could :) i dont mind changing the whole cooling setup if needed :)

Thanks in advice for the help

Associate
I wouldn't see any real reason why you'd need to change the case fans unless you wanted to go RGB, that would be down to personal preference and how much you'd want to outlay. Same goes for an AIO, I'd make the most of the space and get a 360MM.

There are several options for RGB also.

Couldn't advise on AIR, last I bought was a CM V8 10 years ago.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £323.64 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Soldato
I've got same set up as you mate I actually changed case fans in one of my p600s cases to bequiet 140 pwm silent wings 3 fans and brought a dark rock pro 4 cooler and it's totally silent my other p600s case has the phantek fans in and it isn't as quiet both have same cooler dark rock pro 4 so its the case fans that make the difference in noise levels they're not overly loud but they're not silent either as for aio I was looking at the corsair h150i pro xt myself but this comes highly recommend aswell
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/arct...ormance-cpu-water-cooler-360mm-hs-07d-ar.html

Soldato
The 3 included fans in P600S are quite good. I would use all 3 as front intakes, block off all openings in fan mounting panel so air fans push into case has to move on through case not leak around in front of fans going in circles. Remove all PCie back slot covers to increase rear vent area around GPU and thus improve front to back airflow for lower CPU and GPU temps with lower fan speeds so less noise. Below link is to basic guide to how airflow works and how to optimize case airflow might be of interest.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-i-put-my-temp-sensor.18564223/#post-26159770

Case has 190mm CPU clearance so even tallest coolers will fit. I would use a top tier air cooler over CLC because it will cool as well and as quiet as CLCs, maybe better. Air coolers never wear out but after 5, 7, maybe 9 years fans do die cooler is still radiating heat so system works at low load, and any fan can be fit with rubber bands until new fan is in hand. CLCs loose coolant through hoes and pump wear out moving less coolant the older the get until they finally stop working. Then system has no cooling so can't be used until new cooler is installed.

How old is your H100? If you would like, I can do some scaling and tell you want the distance from center CPU is to near side of PCIe and RAM sockets, then we can determine what air coolers will fit. Would be nice to know what RAM you are using too.

Associate
OP
i think the h100 is about near 2.5 years old, my ram is Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Red and thats 3 years old now. and yes i would like that :)thanks very much for the help doyll :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The case will accept any air cooler I've got bequiet dark rocks on mine and others have got the noctua nd 15 which is one if not the best air coolers out there I've got nearly the same components as you but got 32 gig ram and gigabyte x570 elite motherboard and 3700x cpu on one case I have the 3 fans that come with case and a 140 pwm bequiet silent wings 3 at rear
My other case I have all 140 bequiet silent wings 3 fans fitted

Soldato
Not opened it yet, I need to get the info off doyll so I know what fan I can I fit on the cpu as I will go Air I think this time, and what other case fans I should get before I start ripping my other pc apart.
As I said earlier in thread the bequiet fans are really quiet the phantek are a little bit noisier but are ok

Soldato
Sorry, so you have:
Aorus x570 pro
ryzen 3700x
16gb ram @3200mhz
H100i v2

in new ECLIPSE P600S, is that correct?

Need to know what RAM you have or measurement from surface of motherboard to top of RAM to determing what coolers / fans will clear it.

How much do you want to spend on a cooler?

Associate
OP
Sorry, so you have:
Aorus x570 pro
ryzen 3700x
16gb ram @3200mhz
H100i v2

in new ECLIPSE P600S, is that correct?

Need to know what RAM you have or measurement from surface of motherboard to top of RAM to determing what coolers / fans will clear it.

How much do you want to spend on a cooler?

the ram is
Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Red and the rest you said is correct

up to say £120 ? am sure a air cooler wont be that much but yeah about that.

Soldato
the ram is
Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Red and the rest you said is correct

up to say £120 ? am sure a air cooler wont be that much but yeah about that.
Yes, top tier air is less than £90. I would put all 3 stock fans in front and block any openings not covered by fans in their mounting panel so air they push into case has to move through case, not leak into front compartment and back through fans. Also remove all PCIe back slot covers to increase rear vent area. I know, covers are vented, but open flows at least twice as much air, probalby more like 3 times as much as vented covers do.

Your Vengeance LPX is 31mm tall so with case having 190mm CPU clearance there is about 25mm more than enough room for 140mm fan over RAM.

You have plenty of room for any cooler you want.

Noctua NH-D15 Chromax would be nice but is £97.91 and out of stock,
NH-D15 is £84.95 and in stock.
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 is good, quiet, but not cheap at £79.99 and in stock.
Cryrig R1 Ultimate is good costing £73.99 and in stock.
Noctua NH-D14 is good costing £70.99 and in stock.

That's the best top tier choices at OcUK at this time. Any one of them will give you good cooling quietly.

There are others costing less, but most are out of stock at OcUK right now.

Soldato
I assume the stock case fans have impellers like PH-F140MP, at least they used to be. Assuming they are then the 3 of them in the front are all the fans you need. Control them so they cycle in sync with our GPU and cooler fans so case fans are moving a little more air into case than CPU and GPU are using. That way their heated air is moving on back and out of case.

Using top fans almost always results in higher temps than no top fans.

Soldato
By connecting them to your motherboard fan headers and using motherboard fan control software that uses component temps to rpm to set temp up so they speed up and slow down at same times your cooler fans do.

Soldato
I prefer having my computers to speed up their fans to keep them cool when it's working hard and slow back down when system is not working. For me this is easier than trying to turn speed up and down.

Associate
OP
Right , Thanks very much doyll for everything and the others , this will be my first proper build so i want to make it right, sorry for so many questions, and am sure i might have some more later on lol , going to ask OC tomorrow about the Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black when that's coming in stock, cos i do fancy that lol.

Back
Top Bottom