**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
I assume a decent camera and lens would also turn blonde hair into a smeary mess as well, like I mentioned in an earlier post.

And a decent camera and lens would also take one photo with the subject blurred and the next one with the subject in focus, with both shots taken from the same position.

If inconsistency is what you get from a decent camera and lens, I'll make sure I don't buy either.

Soldato
Again, hard to say without seeing it. Previously you said it was...

...which yes, it may well do if the exposure was set to a darker part of the photo.

thing is though Andy, when I had my pixel every single photo was good, whereas on the oneplus it could be very hit and miss. I simply took the same photo 2/3 times lol

Soldato
I get it, I'm just saying that the info given doesn't say to me it was a bad photo. I wouldn't say the OP8P has a better camera than the Pixel, I'm just commenting on what is said to make a bad photo on that occasion doesn't seem to add up to me.

Soldato
Large sensor and large aperture on the pro means a tiny focus plane. If you need more in focus put the main cam in macro mode and take your usual shot. Seems to do the trick of having a wider focus plane.

Coming from a Pixel 3, overall I have to say I'm quite happy with the camera especially after a quick edit. And having an ultra wide means it wins over having a Pixel 4 for me.

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, the 8 Pro generates some great photos, but the primary objective of mine is to capture memories of my children growing up and that means point, shoot, done. My daughter's hair is really light and the phone is probably mistaking it for skin tone or something else that means it erroneously applies smoothing.

Associate
I am thinking of jumping from the Huawei P30 pro to the OP 8 Pro. Anyone done the same and found any benefits? Or should I wait for the OP8T pro???

Associate
Well I went and ordered the OP8 Pro today. Does anyone know how easy it is to transfer over data and apps etc. From the Huawei P30 Pro?

Soldato
Just bought my mum a oneplus 8 as her 5 was having a few issues. Typical android/oneplus bugs as usual.

Initial setup hung on the bit where you go through the google assistant stuff, not a great start

Could somone please download the sky go and now tv apps please and tell me if you get the correct icons? Despite me submitting numerous bug requests and a feature allowing you to specify the apps original icons from the apk, they still haven’t (2 years and counting).....I don’t know why, but the icons are both wrong.

also, if someone wouldn’t mind......can you check when changing the icons if you get two options (oxygen or hydrogen), and then check both to see if there’s lots of chinese icons in the packs

also, when plugging in the power cable, is it usual for the screen to go dark?

Thanks!!

Soldato
Sky Go is fine

I've done a factory reset, but when I download sky go the app is completely wrong.

:edit: Nope, spent far too much time messing about. Same old story. The square icon pack works, and shows the correct icon, the round default one doesn't. There's two oneplus round icons packs on the store lol? why... anyway, ones v4.3 and ones v4.4 Tried the 4.4 and surprise, surprise, the white borders come back on the default icons.

It's going back for a refund. I did tell mum it would be like this, but she wouldn't listen :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm using the dark theme

Themes dont change icon packs. Looking through the default icon pack, it has a now tv icon in it which is the wrong one. This is why it's picking it up.
Surely it's the same on all oneplus 8 phones. The software on mine can't be different than yours.

yOR2pmy.jpg

IfBqwHO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom