Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Soldato
Personally I think he is entertaining. His whole persona is a parody and the production value of his streams and videos is second to none.

I am a member of the Champions Club, and I am sure this will not be the last that we see of him.

The two time will be back.

Permabanned
Gawd. I don't know what's going on here exactly but I give in, it's hilarious :D Mate I wish I had the upload bandwidth to be able to stream! If I were 3 doors down I'd be able to get Virgin media, alas, I'm stuck on horrific ADSL with 1mbps upload so my epic streaming career is over before it's even started.

You are 3 doors down, gimme a sec I’ll throw you a cable to stream lol

Soldato
Personally I think he is entertaining. His whole persona is a parody and the production value of his streams and videos is second to none.

I am a member of the Champions Club, and I am sure this will not be the last that we see of him.

The two time will be back.

Ok I'll bite, what is that.

Associate
We won't agree on this because everything you just wrote still applies to competitive egamers.
DD isn't a competitive gamer though I think?

What's the definition of "competitive gamer"? Doc has entered multiple tournaments in various games, winning money and winning some of those tournaments outright. Does that count as "competitive"?

Soldato
I find it really pointless watcing someone play a game?

I only watch someone play a game if i want to find out how to progress and complete say a puzzle in a game or something so more of a interactive help guide .

Or if its a brand new game and i wanna see what its like in terms of gameplay etc like the recent Cyperpunk gameplay videos

BUt just straigt up watching someone play? lol pointless

I watch quite a few play through's because they are often games that I will never play (Last of us 2 being a PS4 exclusive for example) or are games that I have no real interest in playing (SP RPG games like Cyberpunk) but still appreciate that there's a good story behind it that I am happy to experience. Play through's cut out all the faffing around and "wasted" time that I simply don't have time to invest in, had I been playing it myself.

Soldato
What's the definition of "competitive gamer"? Doc has entered multiple tournaments in various games, winning money and winning some of those tournaments outright. Does that count as "competitive"?

I should've said professional as anyone can be a competitive gamer, not everyone is good enough to be a professional.

Means they subscribe to him on Twitch.

Hang on, you have to pay to watch him?

Man of Honour

You dont have to pay to watch any streamer, but some people subscribe as a way to "donate" to them for being entertained by them. If you have an Amazon Prime account, then you get a free subscription to use on a streamer as part of your prime account. Most people use that, so it doesnt actually cost them anything as they already have Amazon Prime.

Associate
I should've said professional as anyone can be a competitive gamer, not everyone is good enough to be a professional.

Same question applies then, what is the definition of "professional" gamer? He gets paid to play videogames, he wins money from tournaments. Or is the "professional" label reserved only for members of C9, Team Liquid etc?

No, subscribing is optional.

Caporegime
Knowing who the director is, is easy to access info.

Many films and TV shows even use directors names as advertising of a movie.

Take Tenat for example, Christopher nolans name is plastered all over it...

Irishment? Same thing,

Directors are as big if not bigger than actors now

Christopher Nolan is very good though. It's why I know his stuff. He also did the Dark Knight iirc. George Miller (who I had to google) only ever did Mad Max. It's my favourite movie of recent times and easily in my top 5. However It's not something I would pick up on.

Different people have different interests and hold onto different info. So I'm not surprised some people know who Dr D is and others are surprised that he is even a thing. I couldn't care less about the director but I know I usually like a Nolan movie. But I could care less about msot other directors. I have probably seen the majority of other big directors work as well and I don't know who they are or what they have done without guessing.

I watched the new terminator last nigh and the new bad boys the night before last. I could name the actors but god knows who directed them.

Caporegime
Same question applies then, what is the definition of "professional" gamer? He gets paid to play videogames, he wins money from tournaments. Or is the "professional" label reserved only for members of C9, Team Liquid etc?

I'd say professional gamer is someone who is competing for prize money in tournaments.

Someone who plays video games for money is a professional streamer or youtuber.

Sometimes you can be both or transition from one to the other or both but not all streamers are professional gamers. Like female streamers for example. Guys only watch for the boobs.

Soldato

I suppose if it was his main income then yes but it sounds like he's a professional talking head and does that on the side. I would rightly or wrongly assume that a professional gamer is someone who is sponsored to play the games (cant name any as I don't know any) or does that as their main source of income ala professional poker players in tournaments as Sonny said.

Soldato
Christopher Nolan is very good though. It's why I know his stuff. He also did the Dark Knight iirc. George Miller (who I had to google) only ever did Mad Max. It's my favourite movie of recent times and easily in my top 5. However It's not something I would pick up on.

Different people have different interests and hold onto different info. So I'm not surprised some people know who Dr D is and others are surprised that he is even a thing. I couldn't care less about the director but I know I usually like a Nolan movie. But I could care less about msot other directors. I have probably seen the majority of other big directors work as well and I don't know who they are or what they have done without guessing.

I watched the new terminator last nigh and the new bad boys the night before last. I could name the actors but god knows who directed them.
Yes it does take a while for a director to become mainstream household name for sure and the brothers who did bad boys 3 were not known.

However if you liked there style and directing you should follow what they do next.

Same with George Miller

Associate
I suppose if it was his main income then yes but it sounds like he's a professional talking head and does that on the side. I would rightly or wrongly assume that a professional gamer is someone who is sponsored to play the games (cant name any as I don't know any) or does that as their main source of income ala professional poker players in tournaments as Sonny said.

I mean, he was paid a **** ton of money by Twitch to play videogames exclusively on their platform. He's been paid by various publishers over the years to play their games. He's won money from playing in tournaments (mostly CoD or PUBG), and has won some of those outright. No one has to like him, I just can't see how he's not a professional gamer by any reasonable definition.

Associate
I mean, he was paid a **** ton of money by Twitch to play videogames exclusively on their platform. He's been paid by various publishers over the years to play their games. He's won money from playing in tournaments (mostly CoD or PUBG), and has won some of those outright. No one has to like him, I just can't see how he's not a professional gamer by any reasonable definition.
He is good at gaming and does partake in competitions. But I would still classify him as a content creator as that is his main focus as opposed to trying to be the best at what ever game he plays

Back
Top Bottom