New cooling setup help needed

Soldato
Right , Thanks very much doyll for everything and the others , this will be my first proper build so i want to make it right, sorry for so many questions, and am sure i might have some more later on lol , going to ask OC tomorrow about the Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black when that's coming in stock, cos i do fancy that lol.
It's a really good cooler

Soldato
Thank you Adrian. If you have any problems or questions please feel free to ask. Other like myself here like being able to help new members learn how to build good systems. Below link is to a basic guide of how airflow works and how to optimize case airflow. Much of it we have already discussed, but you may find something else of interest.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-i-put-my-temp-sensor.18564223/#post-26159770

Soldato
I have same case as you, same cpu and using a Kraken X73 my temps have been good I never see it go above 55c in any game.(most of time around 50c gaming)

Idles around 35-40c.

Associate
OP
O i forgot to ask doyll, do i need to remove the top panel or should I leave it on so its just going out the back so its not wasting the cool air going straight up ?
CA08UPT_200605_750x750.jpg

Soldato
Removing top panel is kinda up to you. With PCIe slot covers removed air generally flows front to back very well even if top is a vent. You could experiment with top on and of by running same heavy CPU & GPU load and see which cools bests. I don't like top venting because my cases often have things on top of them.

Assuming you have Ga X570 Aorus Pro (rev. 1.0) rev. 1.0 I looked at motherboard manual. It has 7 fan headers' 3 on top edge, 3 on right side/front just below main power socket and 1 about middle of bottom. With Smart Fan you can have it do an automatic fan curve setup or your own fan curves. I usually do the auto setup, then modify it as needed. Below is bottom part of page 33 in manual:

Smart Fan 5

Monitor
Allows you to select a target to monitor and to make further adjustment. (Default: CPU FAN)

Fan Speed Control
Allows you to determine whether to enable the fan speed control function and adjust the fan speed.
  • Normal - Allows the fan to run at different speeds according to the temperature. You can adjust the fan speed with System Information Viewer based on your system requirements. (Default)
  • Silent - Allows the fan to run at slow speeds.
  • Manual - Allows you to control the fan speed in the curve graph.
  • Full Speed - Allows the fan to run at full speeds.&
Fan Control Use Temperature
Allows you to select the reference temperature for fan speed control.

Temperature Interval
Allows you to select the temperature interval for fan speed change.

Fan/Pump Control Mode
  • Auto - Lets the BIOS automatically detect the type of fan/pump installed and sets the optimal control mode. (Default)
  • Voltage - Voltage mode is recommended for a 3-pin fan/pump.
  • PWM - PWM mode is recomm

Last edited:
Soldato
Removing top panel is kinda up to you. With PCIe slot covers removed air generally flows front to back very well even if top is a vent. You could experiment with top on and of by running same heavy CPU & GPU load and see which cools bests. I don't like top venting because my cases often have things on top of them.

Assuming you have Asus X470 Aorus Pro (rev. 1.0) rev. 1.0 I looked at motherboard manual. It has 7 fan headers' 3 on top edge, 3 on right side/front just below main power socket and 1 about middle of bottom. With Smart Fan you can have it do an automatic fan curve setup or your own fan curves. I usually do the auto setup, then modify it as needed. Below is bottom part of page 33 in manual:

Smart Fan 5

Monitor
Allows you to select a target to monitor and to make further adjustment. (Default: CPU FAN)

Fan Speed Control
Allows you to determine whether to enable the fan speed control function and adjust the fan speed.
  • Normal - Allows the fan to run at different speeds according to the temperature. You can adjust the fan speed with System Information Viewer based on your system requirements. (Default)
  • Silent - Allows the fan to run at slow speeds.
  • Manual - Allows you to control the fan speed in the curve graph.
  • Full Speed - Allows the fan to run at full speeds.&
Fan Control Use Temperature
Allows you to select the reference temperature for fan speed control.

Temperature Interval
Allows you to select the temperature interval for fan speed change.

Fan/Pump Control Mode
  • Auto - Lets the BIOS automatically detect the type of fan/pump installed and sets the optimal control mode. (Default)
  • Voltage - Voltage mode is recommended for a 3-pin fan/pump.
  • PWM - PWM mode is recomm
He has the gigabyte x570 pro not 470 mate

Associate
OP
Hi, can anyone tell me if there would be a problem adding cable extensions to the PSU cables? like theses am needing white cables, I have a seasonic focus plus 80gold

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T8C98ZQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_teF.EbKYK0SDS

If not any recommendations? I need a 1x24PIN ATX, 1x8pin CPU, 1x4pin CPU, 1x8GPU,1x6GPU

Thanks

Can I ask, when plugging in the 8pin connection in the back of the PSU and it splits into 2x4 does it matter which 1 of the 4 block goes into the motherboard? I know I have the board running already but hey I can ask :D

I don't know where to start with this as I have never bought or even looked for one, am looking for a pc soundbar, I normally wear a headset, but as I have moved now I can get a soundbar, I cant use like a 2.1 system speakers cos I don't have the room but I can fit a soundbar, the max I can use is about 23inch. So if anyone got a recommendation that would be great, I don't want something expensive.

Soldato
PSU cabling doesn't matter much which plug in cable you use. Ideally use one closest to PSU, but I've often used end one because it looks cleaner. If you have time and energy you can make and sleeve your own custom length and color cables, but it does require a few tools, sleeving, connectors, etc and is time consuming. Those extensions should be fine. Forum frowns on using links to sale sites other than OcUK. OcUK has a long list of cables and extensions. Take a look
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search?sSearch=psu+extension+cables

Back
Top Bottom