Meanwhile in Hong Kong....

Caporegime
Social credit system being rolled out worldwide it seems:
China tries to make its draconian new security law apply to 'everyone on the planet' with clause targeting foreign citizens who are not even in Hong Kong

How long before the commie social media giants align their T&C's with Chinese law like most of the non-EU internet has already done to appease the EU and it's GDPR faux privacy laws.

How is GDPR fake? What exactly would you prefer in terms of privacy legislation?

Last edited:
Soldato
Social credit system being rolled out worldwide it seems, just in time for Huawei 5G.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-draconian-new-security-law-apply-planet.html
China tries to make its draconian new security law apply to 'everyone on the planet' with clause targeting foreign citizens who are not even in Hong Kong

How long before the commie social media giants align their T&C's with Chinese law like most of the non-EU internet has already done to appease the EU and it's GDPR faux privacy laws.

Did you know China bought either $150 or $200 million worth of Reddit. Reddit just banned the_donald also. They're trying to control social and traditional western media.

Caporegime
Did you know China bought either $150 or $200 million worth of Reddit. Reddit just banned the_donald also. They're trying to control social and traditional western media.

That sub-reddit was practically dead anyway, so it wasn't as spectacular as it seemed. I don't see why China would care about it, that seems kind of irrelevant to me when it was likely the pressure from Reddit's demographics that did it.

Soldato
I can’t actually see 3m Hong Kong citizens packing up and leaving, and of those that do, will the UK be the sole destination on offer? I assume Aus, NZ, Canada, the US etc will offer similar ways out.

We’ll take your best STEM workers plz.

Soldato
Social credit system being rolled out worldwide it seems, just in time for Huawei 5G.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-draconian-new-security-law-apply-planet.html

So they can charge and prosecute people not even in China or HK, for taking the **** out of CCP and Xi lol. Sounds like a challenge... How many people on OCUK can get on their list.

I can’t actually see 3m Hong Kong citizens packing up and leaving, and of those that do, will the UK be the sole destination on offer? I assume Aus, NZ, Canada, the US etc will offer similar ways out.

We’ll take your best STEM workers plz.

Naa we won't be the only place. It looks like it will be a multi-country thing.

Soldato
The Lefties must be bluescreening right now.

On one hand it’s another 3.5m outsiders, and Lefties know that outsiders are far easier to turn against the natives. But on the other hand, these immigrants have seen communism up close, so might be highly resistant.

Quite the pickle.

This is the Tories revenge on Labour for importing millions of Labour voting Muslims since 1997, Hong Kong Chinese (and Chinese in general) tend to vote conservative.

Soldato
This is the Tories revenge on Labour for importing millions of Labour voting Muslims since 1997, Hong Kong Chinese (and Chinese in general) tend to vote conservative.

Funny thing is many of them don't vote Labour anymore :p

Muslims are pretty right wing.

Caporegime

Well, take a look across the Atlantic, if the Tories fall into that same pit, it really won't matter if those folks want to vote for conservatives. There's already plenty of hints that a reformist right wing party is forming.

Last edited:
Soldato
Funny thing is many of them don't vote Labour anymore :p

Muslims are pretty right wing.

Correction, Muslims are very conservative. But that didn't translate to who they voted for traditionally. As they voted Labour to keep the immigration doors open so that they could bring more and more of their families over as they saw Labour as a soft touch.

Caporegime
So let me get this straight...correct me if I am wrong.

There are some people, whom I assume are right wing, anti-immigrants, votes Brexit, loves Boris etc...I guess they voted him in because of some of the above or all of the above and then some.

Now he promises 3 million people half way from the other side of the world a path to come over?!

lol

You can’t make this stuff up. Real life is so strange sometimes...or 2020 is just plain unpredictable.

Soldato
So let me get this straight...correct me if I am wrong.

There are some people, whom I assume are right wing, anti-immigrants, votes Brexit, loves Boris etc...I guess they voted him in because of some of the above or all of the above and then some.

Now he promises 3 million people half way from the other side of the world a path to come over?!

lol

You can’t make this stuff up. Real life is so strange sometimes...or 2020 is just plain unpredictable.
I am right of centre, voted to leave the EU, not against controlled immigraton, disliked free movement,.
I am in agreement with offering HK citizens the right to settle as the CCP are tearing up our agreements and we have a moral duty to offer protection to BNO and their families.

Caporegime
Well we only have ~300-400k empty homes across the country, some of which is inhospitable. So unless that changes significantly, both the UK and any prospective Hongkonger will surely be disadvantaged with this act. Mind you, I don't really know what the demography is for these BNO holders, as in what the average household is like. We might be more available than what I can see from the raw numbers.

This is unfortunately the cost of consecutively unambitious governments doing nothing little to resolve one of the most annoying aspects of British life.

Last edited:
Associate
I feel very sorry for the people of HK, it's one of my favourite cities to visit in Asia, in a few years it will probably be devoid of all the charm it once had. I was in HK this time last year when the protests started, I walked with the locals around the LegCo before it was raided, everyone was very nice.

Good on the government for letting the BNOs come.

Permabanned
I would have thought that it would be the end of the Tory party. I might write to the local DUP MLA asking to oppose any more migration the UK is full ffs full ffs full Full FULL FulL? FuLL?

I mean you can not even drive to a beauty spot these days without hoardes of people, Seeing litter, There are real housing issues and nah bro well take 300k hahaha. The only reason this is happening as poor Tory voters have no one else to vote for. So scared of Labour they will probably welcome 300k with open arms.

But hey, It is better than the 5.5m they wanted to resettle in Northern Ireland without a referendum. Thats the thing about politicians like Boris. Trivial matters such as housing and beauty spots are not something a loaded Eton educated Tory loses sleep over.

Soldato
Well we need to do something to help HK and war isnt an option anymore, so now we are draining all its wealth and skills instead :p

Those eligable will be at least 23 years old though. These will be professional people mostly.

Caporegime
Most of them won't even bother, the UK is simply too far away and they aren't going to leave their elders to rot while the CCP boils the frog. Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Australia and NZ are the most likely destinations for them if they can stomach leaving their home.

Associate
Can't imagine we'll see a large influx, like people have said it's too far away. Tragic what's happening though, surprised HK managed to get 23 years of the current setup before CCP came a knocking.

How long can they tighten their grip before some form of USSR inner collapse. Figure a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom