Anyone else getting annoyed with PPE companies?

Caporegime
I have no idea where these guys are getting my work email from but every day I get someone emailing me about how I can reopen my building, how they can help with PPE, disinfection and sanitation services, compartmentalization, etc.

Quite a few of them are really pushy too, even thought I just ignore the majority of them they'll email me over and over, I think the record is at 7 times. This isn't just some bot either, the emails change every time, asking me who they need to speak to, getting more aggressive in tone.

Getting fed up with it to be honest, anyone else here?

And that's my pointless thread for the day, just felt like having a little whinge.

Soldato
You'll be on a list, either sold out by a supplier or exhibition. You can buy lists for any industry for a few pounds and the new online video marketing tutorials say you need to contact multiple times to "raise awareness" and secure the deal!

If some are starting to get really annoying sign them up to some activist mailing lists.

Associate
You'll be on a list, either sold out by a supplier or exhibition. You can buy lists for any industry for a few pounds and the new online video marketing tutorials say you need to contact multiple times to "raise awareness" and secure the deal!

If some are starting to get really annoying sign them up to some activist mailing lists.

Haha this is definitely the best solution

Caporegime
Just LOL if you don't use the requestor's email address to register with a number of pron and dogging sites before they report you to the Ombdusman who after a long, protracted, and costly review recommends a prison sentence for fraudulent misrepresentation which you appeal, and lose, and your first day in prison isn't the worst of your life but you've had better but then it's shower time and, oh no, this isn't what you wanted at all (even though a bit of you secretly did), but that's your life for the next 3 years and every day you wake up in a cold sweat wishing that you had never got so upset over some spam in your Inbox folder.

Noobs.

Soldato
I have no idea where these guys are getting my work email from but every day I get someone emailing me about how I can reopen my building, how they can help with PPE, disinfection and sanitation services, compartmentalization, etc.

Quite a few of them are really pushy too, even thought I just ignore the majority of them they'll email me over and over, I think the record is at 7 times. This isn't just some bot either, the emails change every time, asking me who they need to speak to, getting more aggressive in tone.

And that's my pointless thread for the day, just felt like having a little whinge.

As others suggest, just filter them directly to the deleted items folder, or if your company uses a spam filtering app, flag them as spam. I get 30-40 emails from various pushy sales entities on some days and it’s just a part of the job. Obviously this teaches you how shameless and scummy most sales people are.

Definitely don't respond thinking they are nice people who will instantly get the message, you'll only be left disappointed..

Last edited:
Caporegime

Getting hammered too. PPE, mechanical service companies and literally as I write this an email has come in from a pump supplier suggesting they can carry out works to our pumps and motors to get through the shutdown we've just had.

We haven't had a shut down.

Caporegime
seems like a whole bunch of companies just got created "covid cleaners" etc all they do is spray some fluid around your shop? that's all the pictures seem to show anyway.
surely you could just get the stuff and do it yourself every 30 days

Caporegime
OP
Just got another one. This fella's emailed me about 6 times in the last fortnight:

jJ4hlqt.png

My stance on cold-calling is an instant no anyway. If I need something, I'll find it or get my mates in GD to recommend something. I absolutely detest salespeople with a passion (dad issues, he was a salesman) so they've got no hope. Good luck to them!

Soldato
Have you been missold PPE?
Funny you say that.

I work for a domiciliary care company, and we had some of the government stock of Face masks recalled this week because they was faulty, something to do with them no stopping fluid.

Had over 2750 masks to be sent back. They offered to credit us, but masks now are twice the price they was at the start of the outbreak !

Soldato
That's what we're seeing too but from a supply side. We've got a huge stockpile of masks which our contract pulled out from because someone offered them a better deal however they have no manufacturer paperwork or product testing certificates, then again you wouldn't actually expect a charity to care for its users, all about the cash flow.

Soldato
That's what we're seeing too but from a supply side. We've got a huge stockpile of masks which our contract pulled out from because someone offered them a better deal however they have no manufacturer paperwork or product testing certificates, then again you wouldn't actually expect a charity to care for its users, all about the cash flow.
What kind of masks and what kind of price ?

Soldato
I've not really been involved in that side of things, still trying to get things back in shape after a restructure during lock down. I'll see if I can find out next week, I know we have kn95s, 2r surgicals and access to moulded ffp2 which were requested by another group and approved.

Caporegime
Just got another one. This fella's emailed me about 6 times in the last fortnight:

Why isn't he in your spam folder after the first time? Don't waste time on these sales people - if you're not interested on the first mail then just filter them out and they can be as persistent as they like with mails no one will ever read. Definitely don't reply or start a dialogue with them, they're like linkedin recruiters who spam people with irrelevant generic jobs.

Soldato

Hahaha i sell a load of stuff inc PPE and ive been asked to send similar emails from templates etc. I dont send them as its just spam. Instead ill send a personalised email asking how they are etc then just drop a link with something along the lines of "just incase you need any PPE, the info is here or feel free to give me a ring".

Literally 3 or 4 lines of text.

Back
Top Bottom