Postwoman trips and falls while delivering post - claim?

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Not sure why you would even help them, nothing to do with you. She needs to get some glasses if she can't walk without falling over.

Caporegime
This is simply a case of the company doing a thorough investigation for their own uses. No different to any other employer.

For example if it shows the employee was not following correct procedure you could withdraw company sick pay, take disciplinary action etc.

The whole purpose of the investigation is to find the route cause and prevent it from happening again. Pretty standard practice in the workplace as a manager.

Soldato
A little while later she came back with peas/ice on her wrist and a gentleman presumably from the company / some kind of union taking photographs and videos re-enacting what they think happened / where she fell.

Not sure whether its just me, but, seems bad form to come onto private property and start taking pictures/video without asking for permission first and explaining what the situation is, I don't think many people would have a problem with photos for an incident report, but most would like to know whats going on, and in the event they are refused, then the incident report would have to be limited to written statements of what occurred.

Soldato
How many packages have been delivered via this walkway without incident and has anything changed recently that would make someone unable to safely traverse this path as they presumably were able to do so in the past?

I mean, if 100 people can walk a path without issue and I can't, I don't know that I could blame the path.

Soldato
Not sure whether its just me, but, seems bad form to come onto private property and start taking pictures/video without asking for permission first and explaining what the situation is, I don't think many people would have a problem with photos for an incident report, but most would like to know whats going on, and in the event they are refused, then the incident report would have to be limited to written statements of what occurred.
If the op showed and gave them a copy of the cctv
I am assuming they may have knocked /rang when they returned to take the photos/videos ?

Soldato
Not sure I would have just given the CCTV footage when there is the possibility of being sued even how crazy it sounds.
Guess the op thought their steps are perfectly safe and got nothing to hide
But yeah guess after the fact you might think maybe shouldn't have gave them the footage

Now if it had been some ones back yard
Where a bunch of cowboys laid concrete
,,,,,,,,,,,, :D:D

Soldato
Guess the op thought their steps are perfectly safe and got nothing to hide
But yeah guess after the fact you might think maybe shouldn't have gave them the footage

Now if it had been some ones back yard
Where a bunch of cowboys laid concrete
,,,,,,,,,,,, :D:D

The concrete is level and the whole back yard is level all the way to the door step :D

Man of Honour
This is simply a case of the company doing a thorough investigation for their own uses. No different to any other employer.

For example if it shows the employee was not following correct procedure you could withdraw company sick pay, take disciplinary action etc.

The whole purpose of the investigation is to find the route cause and prevent it from happening again. Pretty standard practice in the workplace as a manager.

Yeah we've got some pretty crazy procedures at work for fact finding after an incident - so much stuff you have to record. Unless there is some extreme negligence or something malicious on the part of the home owner unlikely to be any comeback on them.

Man of Honour
(First bit removed as pointed out by Siliconslave)

I also know at least 4 people who became posties when Creda closed down so sent a message to one of them asking "If you delivered to a house that you've been 100 times but on this occasion kicked something that has always been there, fell over and broke your arm, would you be able to claim off the homeowners?". The answer is "No".
You won't be getting sued.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom