**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I recently got a huawei p smart 2019 after having no phone for nigh on 3 years (yes really), you get a lot of phone for your money these days don't you? :o I think its excellent anyway!

Soldato
Recently got a Redmi Note 8T. I'm finding that the vibration is really weak compared to my old Moto G5 Plus. I'm guessing not much can be done?

Caporegime
How you Poco f2 guys getting on?

So great. The screen is awesome, it's super smooth. The gui is actually very good. With nova on I barely noticed a difference from Samsung if anything, it's better.

But I put a dual sim in last week and the phone crashed. Kept restarting. I had to do a full reset and it's been fine since.

The camera is definitely better than my s9+ too. All round I'm very happy.

Soldato
So great. The screen is awesome, it's super smooth. The gui is actually very good. With nova on I barely noticed a difference from Samsung if anything, it's better.

But I put a dual sim in last week and the phone crashed. Kept restarting. I had to do a full reset and it's been fine since.

The camera is definitely better than my s9+ too. All round I'm very happy.
Good to hear. All the reviews rate it highly too.

Soldato
Hi guys, is this phone any good - 'Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro', I dont want to be messing with custom roms etc, are the bloatware apps / ads annoying?
If my experience of the 8T is anything to go by it will have a terrible vibration motor.

I'm most likely going to return. Forgot Amazon had extended the windows.

Associate
Hi guys, is this phone any good - 'Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro', I dont want to be messing with custom roms etc, are the bloatware apps / ads annoying?
I've got the 9S which is pretty much the same phone minus nfc.
I'm very happy with it....all the bloat can be removed without root using adb/fastboot tool on a pc and any potential ads can be turned off in settings

Associate

Yeah had this phone for about 2-3 weeks I guess. Uninstalled a few apps when I first received it and use Nova launcher. No ads or bloat now.

Honestly I don't know what else you'd need in a phone. NFC, lightning fast, 3 day battery life, fast charging, perfectly positioned fingerprint reader, good camera.

Associate
i ordered the 9s 6gb ram version shipping from Spain. while i wait for delivery i have been looking at its features. apparently it can play youtube in the background - there is a specific chinese app for this. Can anyone who owns this 9s/9 pro confirm this?

Soldato
i ordered the 9s 6gb ram version shipping from Spain. while i wait for delivery i have been looking at its features. apparently it can play youtube in the background - there is a specific chinese app for this. Can anyone who owns this 9s/9 pro confirm this?

Try an app called https://newpipe.schabi.org/ Blocks YouTube adds and can play in the background. Works on any phone.

Back
Top Bottom