My Official £50-£46,000 betting challenge

Soldato
Blast from the past this thread - I remember taking £10 to about £170 just smashing 1.05/1.10 shots all the time - Then Federer lost me after I backed him at like 1.1 or something silly and lost from a set up and 3 games up.

Good fun.

Consigliere
Interesting thread...decided to give this a go. First bet at 1.03 (7.5 goals and under) - random Iraqi game that is 2-1 at half time.

Edit: So that lasted 2 bets. :o

I saw a game that had 3 corners in the first half so went for under 9.5 total...then 6 corners happened in 20mins. :p I did go at 1.36 sooo..too greedy!

Last edited:
Soldato
You don't need a formula - you just bet your full balance (including previous days' winnings) on a 1/100 shot each day. But the calculation is £1000 * (1.01^695) = £1,007,755.

Don't do this, you will lose £1,000, probably inside a couple of months. 1/100 shots lose all the time (especially at bookies as opposed to exchanges, where they'll often be very underpriced).

Soldato
Dead certs fail all the time. I put a bet on Burnley (premier league) vs Lincoln City (league two), and Lincoln City won :rolleyes:

There was another one a couple of years ago where Barcelona was playing some unheard of team. Barcelona lost.

Soldato
ok, so two days ago I started looking at the really low odd bets. Here was one

Man Utd vs Bournemouth
Odds 1.02 (£10 to make 20p)
Under 5.5 goals

I didn't put the bet on, but just wanted to see how likely these low odd bets actually came in

The match ended 5-2 so the bet lost

Associate
At the weekend I will be embarking on a gambling challenge that I have been told about.

The aim is simple.

Each day, I will pick 3 bets which have prices of 1.02. Extremely low odds which really should be coming in every single time without fail.

I'll put my whole bank (starting at £50) on each one. Basically if this is done every day for 16 weeks, the £50 will become £46,000.

I'm gonna give it a go as I have nothing better to do. I'll update this post periodically for anyone interested to show how i'm getting on.

Rob
I'm gonna join you!
I'll make the slight change that I'll start with £10, and back up to 1.1 (may adjust stake slightly once it builds up)

First bet: (tennis) Odds: 1.01 - Win

Stake now £10.08

Associate
oh well, let's see if it can be revived!

I actually lost on my second bet - a random football match, backed one team for win at 1.01 and it ended up a draw!

so much for the system, lol

will give it another try

stake back to £10 again.

Associate
yep, it's Mickey Mouse - tried the tennis a few times - games where one person is 1-0 up in sets, then leading 4-2 in second set are often getting odds of 1.01! Terrible odds, as those games are often turned around to a 2-1 sets winner for the other player

Soldato
I knew a couple of betting tricks from back in the day. One I'm not sure is legal, though it was told to me it was.

The other had a special name that I can't remember. But it involved betting different amounts on the top outcomes. It meant that say if you bet on the favourite, second favourite and third favourite, by putting different amounts of bets to win that even if the third favourite won you'd make a small amount of money to cover the other 2 bets and some.

Why are people using decimal betting? British betting is fractional.

Update: I think the betting I was describing is called Arbitrage betting, if anyone wants to look it up.

Last edited:
Soldato
I knew a couple of betting tricks from back in the day. One I'm not sure is legal, though it was told to me it was.

The other had a special name that I can't remember. But it involved betting different amounts on the top outcomes. It meant that say if you bet on the favourite, second favourite and third favourite, by putting different amounts of bets to win that even if the third favourite won you'd make a small amount of money to cover the other 2 bets and some.

Update: I think the betting I was describing is called Arbitrage betting, if anyone wants to look it up.

What you described is called dutching, that's backing more than one result. Arbing is backing all results across different bookmakers to ensure a profit, provided the odds are right to do so.

Associate
But it involved betting different amounts on the top outcomes. It meant that say if you bet on the favourite, second favourite and third favourite, by putting different amounts of bets to win that even if the third favourite won you'd make a small amount of money to cover the other 2 bets and some.

Except you'd be buggered if the 4th favourite came in!

Decimal odds are easier to deal with when laying bets etc.

Back
Top Bottom