Steam Summer Sale 2020

Associate
I haven't bought anything :( Just started playing Elite Dangerous and already have Destiny 2 waiting in the wings to be played (I'm a bit behind the times).

Elite can be a serious time sync if you get into it, particularly if you join a squadron.

I wanted to try finish assassins creed origins then look at buying something new, maybe rdr2 but most of my gaming time has been spent fighting a war for my faction on Elite

Associate
Funny I dont have much time to play games anymore but the steam sale has me itching for a few ...

What do you think about these possibilities:

Stone shard, Curse of the dead gods, Noita, Metro exodus, dead cells - (see steam makes me want to spend 30 to save 5 ...)

Associate
Funny I dont have much time to play games anymore but the steam sale has me itching for a few ...

What do you think about these possibilities:

Stone shard, Curse of the dead gods, Noita, Metro exodus, dead cells - (see steam makes me want to spend 30 to save 5 ...)

Dead Cells is amazing, curse looks great but I’ve not played, Exodus seems great from what I’ve played, Noita is great, stone shard wouldn’t be my first choice. Enjoy!

Soldato
Terrible sale, same as last couple years. I miss the proper sales were you could find AAA games for 90% off.

Pre ordering games off greenmangaming is cheaper than a steam sale LMAO

Soldato
Brought some games in the sale, 1st time for a while I been able to find anything, picked up Metro Exodus, planet zoo, jurassic world evolution, mud runner

Soldato
You can laugh your butt off as much as you want but I'd put strong money on not being able to preorder HZD for less than £27.99 from any genuine reseller. It looks like Steam made a pricing error as they have now put the game back up to £39.99 so anyone who did pick it up for the cheaper price got a real bargain.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Terrible sale, same as last couple years. I miss the proper sales were you could find AAA games for 90% off.

+1

They have not had a proper sale in years. I used to love the ones where they had flash sales with further discounts. As you say some had huge discounts. I rarely buy direct from steam due to this anymore. I did pickup Griftlands this time though :)

Soldato
Steam sales now a days are relegated to filling in overpriced DLC for me it seems :( I tend to buy the base game say a year after launch at 50% discount then pickup the DLC when they are over 50% as well. Looking at you Paradox.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I will pick up Horizon Zero dawn in a year or two for less than a tenner. I played it about 6-7 months ago on PS4 Pro. It is definitely a good game, so will add it to my steam collection.

Caporegime
I added £50 and ended up spending £30 on the two Evil Within games, Journey and some DLC bits and bobs for the Truck Simulator games. Got £20 left for whichever comes first out of Iberia, Colorado, Idaho DLC for more trucking fun.

Man of Honour
I added £50 and ended up spending £30 on the two Evil Within games, Journey and some DLC bits and bobs for the Truck Simulator games. Got £20 left for whichever comes first out of Iberia, Colorado, Idaho DLC for more trucking fun.

Good games the two Evil Within games, I enjoyed both of those.

Associate
So far,
Remnant from the Ashes (Too hard!)
Sonic Generations (cost peanuts)
Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice (wow!:o)
The Witcher 3 (finally)
Injustice (I don't have any fighting games in my library)

Associate
These steam sale threads seem to get shorter & shorter every time steam has a sale

Agreed! It was quite a tradition.

Purchased all the Arma 3 DLC and Trine 4.

Never got into Arma 3 like I did with Arma 2, I suppose the modern/futuristic and Greek isles put me off, love Op Flash and Arma 2 for the cold war vibe, playing as either US/Russia. No female characters made Arma 3 seem a bit strange when compared to 2. The UFO extension brings a new map and when I read about tanks; just got to give it ago.

Trine 4. Skipped Trine 3 - It looks like Trine 4 went back to Frozenbyte's roots, classic platformer. A family favourite for Christmas, yup months away but the £5 voucher made it only a couple of quid.

Debating on Yakuza 2.

C64

C64

Soldato
suppose i'll buy red dead 2 probably be a year before its under £39 only game i'll be buying
was tempted by some of the new ea games but they are all on ea access basic, better off waiting to buy a year of ea access basic on steam

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom