• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Compare physx in borderlands 1 to physx in borderlands 3 and tell me that it doesn't look far, far better in the older game that runs off the GPU. CPU physx sucks but now we are stuck with it
Yea, it is a shame. Trouble is unless develops are paid to tack it on for PC, they don't have the incentive.

With the tech now being open source and us getting new consoles, will we see better physics in games? Last time I saw a huge leap was HL2.

Soldato
Starting to get rumours for mid range cards now, not all about the high end anymore

RTX3070ti
8gb GDDR6X VRAM
3072 Cuda cores on full fat GA104

RTX3070
8gb GDDR6 VRAM
2944 Cuda cores on cutdown GA104

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
8GB. Lol

These better be relatively cheap. First it is on Samsung’s cheaper and inferior manufacturing process and now hearing it has only 8gb.

Looking at those specs I see a typo anyway, should be 3060 and 3060Ti?

Caporegime
lol, when they are applying the "Ti" moniker to the 3070 series, that's when you know the 3070 cards aren't going to be cheap :p As if we were ever in any doubt.

So 3070Ti... ~£649 anyone? :p Bargain at twice the price :p

Associate
lol, when they are applying the "Ti" moniker to the 3070 series, that's when you know the 3070 cards aren't going to be cheap :p As if we were ever in any doubt.

So 3070Ti... ~£649 anyone? :p Bargain at twice the price :p

Phhh. So much for decent bang for the buck next gen

Soldato
All these jokes about big prices. Normalising it. NVidia surely have people checking all the big forums.

We should keep our gobs shut and let them price it on their own

Associate
If true Nvidia are really pushing and differentiating the 3080 from the 3070... ever since Kepler ( excluding the 700 series) the X70 and X80 have shared the same memory and GPU... I actually believe this to be true. It will push people to get the 3080 with more memory and performance on the table

Soldato
All these jokes about big prices. Normalising it. NVidia surely have people checking all the big forums.

We should keep our gobs shut and let them price it on their own

It’s often AMD fanboys who spout that stuff. The ‘team’ stuff is tiresome.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If true Nvidia are really pushing and differentiating the 3080 from the 3070... ever since Kepler ( excluding the 700 series) the X70 and X80 have shared the same memory and GPU... I actually believe this to be true. It will push people to get the 3080 with more memory and performance on the table
Yea. Good business decision for them, bad for us as usual. But what do you expect, they just go by the data they have. I still remember people getting very upset at them with the 970 3.5GB fiasco. The same people then went on to return the card, pay more and get a 980. With a special customer base like that they will of course continue to tighten the grip.

I am just banking on my theory that these mid range cards will be priced better than people think due to them getting a good deal with Samsung 8nm and wanting to keep their revenue high and not lose market share. By next gen when the consoles will no longer have the hype they will just go back to milking big at the mid range also. Won't stop them milking the people who want a Titan or 3080Ti this gen though.

Soldato
Gamers pretty much deserve what they get, from publishers like EA to nVidia...they bump up prices and price gouge and gamers keep bending over and thanking them. Stop buying the stuff and the prices will fall.

Associate
Gamers pretty much deserve what they get, from publishers like EA to nVidia...they bump up prices and price gouge and gamers keep bending over and thanking them. Stop buying the stuff and the prices will fall.

With so much e-peen at stake people aren't willing to wait or show any form of restraint for fear of not looking like a 'real' gamer, regardless of cost, the latest shiny shiny must be bought :p

Associate
With so much e-peen at stake people aren't willing to wait or show any form of restraint for fear of not looking like a 'real' gamer, regardless of cost, the latest shiny shiny must be bought :p

Unfortunately over the last few years, waiting hasn't achieved a lot. Unless you stick it out at and wait for a full new generation, prices haven't actually come down a lot, and in some cases they've even gone up.
The market needs more competition.

Back
Top Bottom