Mayhems Pastel White Splitting

Associate
So my Mayhems Pastel White is separating now. I woke up to see a more translucent colour in the CPU block and one of the pipes. Once turned on it mixed up ok but this never happened with the previous Mayhems Pastel White fluid i purchased.

For those who have the issue did you contact OCUK or Mayhems about the replacement? Bare in mind i purchased this fluid less than 14days ago :)

Soldato
So my Mayhems Pastel White is separating now. I woke up to see a more translucent colour in the CPU block and one of the pipes. Once turned on it mixed up ok but this never happened with the previous Mayhems Pastel White fluid i purchased.

For those who have the issue did you contact OCUK or Mayhems about the replacement? Bare in mind i purchased this fluid less than 14days ago :)
Gutted for ya mate, looks liek a fluid cleanse for you. I'll elt the others post what they did... you got a picture of what it looked like just for interest?

Soldato

Thats what happened to mine. I was able to mix it in when starting the PC but after about another week that failed to work. I raised a support ticket with Mayhems via their website.

Soldato

This is what happened to me. Although I've yet to see any particles "setting" anywhere, so I'venot been in a rush to flush it. I'm shortly going to be replacing the motherboard in my system so I'll be using it as an opportunity to flush and replace the fluid, however I'd still like to stick with pastel white so I might go with the EK Solid Cloud White.

Associate
I'll take some photos for tomorrow morning as my system will have been off for a long period so I'm sure I'll see the separation more easily.

Also, OCUK informed me they are not aware of the issue with the Mayhems Pastel White, I did point them to this thread. Although I brought the last 2 bottles of the pastel white so no one else will fall to be the next victim i suppose haha

Man of Honour
Mayhems stuff to fix the wifes rig turned up. Quite a lot of product here but I think they are basically saying to me that the pastel purple and pastel white I bought are junk and I won't be able to use pastel moving forward.

I thank Mayhems for the support but now I still have to spend a few hours ripping the thing apart :(

Soldato
It was pretty bad this morning!
AF3U6mP.jpg

Wow, so, does it mix up when you turn the machine on then or does it kinda stay like that? So what I'm seeing is it just settles over the bottom half of pipes and in the block all thick... looks crap that I'll be honest... would look even worse in a colour like red or blue or something as it'd really stand out

Last edited:
Associate
Wow, so, does it mix up when you turn the mac hine on then or does it kinda stay like that? So what I'm seeing is it just settles over the bottom half of pipes and in the block all thick... looks crap that I'll be honest... would look even worse in a colour like red or blue or something as it'd really stand out

Once i start the machine it blends up well but i'm not sure how well it really is blending tbh. Looks fine now thouhg, i'm just worried it's clogging up my new CPU block if it's separating like that. Don't think they have said not to use the fluid yet?

Associate
Really putting me off getting some premixed stuff, ive been pondering over some of the EK cryofuel but again some mixed reviews with bad batches... really cba dismantling the loop cos of bad fluid, its a lot of work and time.

I used Mayhem Pastel White before this new stuff and that was fantastic. It just seems to be a problem with this batch in March or from then anyways. I still find it odd OCUK don't know about this and haven't pulled there pastel range just encase.

Soldato
Once i start the machine it blends up well but i'm not sure how well it really is blending tbh. Looks fine now thouhg, i'm just worried it's clogging up my new CPU block if it's separating like that. Don't think they have said not to use the fluid yet?

When i had this fluid in mine back in January/Feb, i found it didn't cling or separate in the blocks but it was clocking in the radiators. It took a ton of flushing to actually dislodge the particles that was still stick in the radiators.

Soldato
I used Mayhem Pastel White before this new stuff and that was fantastic. It just seems to be a problem with this batch in March or from then anyways. I still find it odd OCUK don't know about this and haven't pulled there pastel range just encase.
I saw a post somewhere that they haven't received many complaints about it so thats why they haven't pulled it yet (sample size too small maybe?). Think it might have been Vince who mentioned it.

Soldato
Really putting me off getting some premixed stuff, ive been pondering over some of the EK cryofuel but again some mixed reviews with bad batches... really cba dismantling the loop cos of bad fluid, its a lot of work and time.
Yeah I'm running EK Cryofule but just plain clear... I've got 2 litres of the acid green brand new in bottles lol as well but didn't suite my build so stayed clear. I've always wondered about the pastels and that stuff that ysed to have that crystal effect as that seperated as well. TBH, I'd expect most of us wanna fill the loop and just run it with as low maintenance as possible, draining is such a ball ache and I find getting bubbles out the bigegst pain, it's took me 10 days from adding an additional radiator to actually get it 100% bubble free... and I mean 100%

Soldato
Yeah I'm running EK Cryofule but just plain clear... I've got 2 litres of the acid green brand new in bottles lol as well but didn't suite my build so stayed clear. I've always wondered about the pastels and that stuff that ysed to have that crystal effect as that seperated as well. TBH, I'd expect most of us wanna fill the loop and just run it with as low maintenance as possible, draining is such a ball ache and I find getting bubbles out the bigegst pain, it's took me 10 days from adding an additional radiator to actually get it 100% bubble free... and I mean 100%

It is, i hate draining! I could spend a good hour draining before i even begin taking stuff apart to clean it. It's such a ball ache to do, even i have a drain valve i don't get rid of everything thats sat in the rads etc especially the fluid on the bottom rad. My last drain i ended up taking off the pipes where i could and then fitting plugs on the rads to remove them safely and draining over a sink instead.

I had the EK cryofuel fire orange or whatever it was called and that separated within a week and left a horrendous mess! Same goes with dyes, i want to try those but i dont want to stain my blocks. I know Acrylic shouldn't stain but still you always have that inkling feeling inside that it could do... haha

Soldato
Mayhems stuff to fix the wifes rig turned up. Quite a lot of product here but I think they are basically saying to me that the pastel purple and pastel white I bought are junk and I won't be able to use pastel moving forward.

I thank Mayhems for the support but now I still have to spend a few hours ripping the thing apart :(
Howd you get on? All done, what did you go for instead?

Man of Honour
Howd you get on? All done, what did you go for instead?

So far im just running the clear, it was a massive 3 hour mess pulling it apart. Loads of white crud came out of the rad and it was just a total mess. That cleaning stuff is pretty good but one things for sure, its not clearing the rad out of the build up of white. It almost looks like congealed plastic when it comes out, all very odd.

Soldato
So far im just running the clear, it was a massive 3 hour mess pulling it apart. Loads of white crud came out of the rad and it was just a total mess. That cleaning stuff is pretty good but one things for sure, its not clearing the rad out of the build up of white. It almost looks like congealed plastic when it comes out, all very odd.
Yeah I was thinking the pipes and everything is the easiest problem is you just can't see what's in those rads... such a shame as the pastels look amazing but that's really annoying I do feel peoples pain on this, draining is the biggest ballache, but then when you literally have to flush out... took me hours just flushing an acid green out of my system it's amazing how and where it stays in tiny little gaps etc...

Back
Top Bottom