Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Man of Honour
If it's honestly half as good as Odyssey I'm really excited.

Literally had 0 faults with Odyssey

I'm hoping for a hattrick. AC Origins was my game of the year in its year, AC Odyssey was my game of the year in its year, so I'm hoping for a hattrick of GOTYs and for AC Valhalla to be my game of the year this year, only thing that I can foresee possibly rivalling it for me, might be Cyberpunk but we'll have to wait and see

Soldato
I'm hoping for a hattrick. AC Origins was my game of the year in its year, AC Odyssey was my game of the year in its year, so I'm hoping for a hattrick of GOTYs and for AC Valhalla to be my game of the year this year, only thing that I can foresee possibly rivalling it for me, might be Cyberpunk but we'll have to wait and see

I missed out on Origins. I typically played the AC games a year behind but the trailer for Odyssey had me hooked from the moment as I love ancient Greek mythology and I couldn't wait. I really should go back as I heard Origins was great.

Soldato
https://www.mediafire.com/file/r1va8ofdz1cqvvo/Assassin's_Creed_-_Valhalla_Gameplay-R_bfgXG7PEg.mkv/file

It's not gonna blow anyone away, let's be honest. I'm happy for more of the same while they cook the next-gen AC (which I'm hoping is Rome). Though if they release this near Cyberpunk they will get slaughtered. Going from that showcase to this footage, oh boy, it's like travelling between different decades.

The voice acting also seems pretty meh at least for the woman, we'll see how the male one does. A huge step backwards from Odyssey VA tho, for sure.

edit: And also, the dialogue is absolutely painful to hear. Seems the writing took a bit hit also. Never the AC's strong suit, but oh boy.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Will check it out now, keen to see what its like. I'm not expecting anything ground breaking or revolutionary. Just expecting it to be more of Origins/Odyssey but in a viking setting, so if it delivers that much then I will be a happy bunny. I'm not expecting it to rival Cyberpunk in the close visual aspects (Cyberpunk 2077 has had a production budget of circa $200 million after all) but I am expecting it to slap Cyberpunk stupid on the draw distance etc. Its just finished downloading, so will watch it now and then post my initial impressions

Man of Honour
Initial thoughts - Seems ok to me. Need some more info though, when was the footage taken, is this from 6 months ago, 6 days ago..etc. I see its being played on a console, what settings is it being played on? (low, medium , high? AA? Lighting, shadows etc)

Voice acting does seem a bit flat, emotionless. Gameplay, terrain, combat etc seem pretty much what I would expect after Origins and Odyssey. The UI seems way too big, dont know if thats because its on console or because there is no UI scaling at this point. But overall, without knowing when the footage is from and what settings its being played on, it looks pretty much what I expected after Origins and Odyssey. I have no concerns from that footage that it wont deliver what Origins and Odyssey did for me. I am content :)

Soldato
Looks pretty rough, TBH. Might be very early gameplay judging from NPC behaviour at some points and combat animations.

It reminds me of Witcher 3 in terms of the pastel colour palette and overall looks, I wasn't a big fan of that one so hopefully official gameplay will look better and it won't seem like a Witcher clone. They won't top W3 for dialogue and side quests anyways (its only strong points, TBH) so I hope it'll be its own thing and with a world that can rival Origins (quite doubtful on that).

Soldato
https://www.mediafire.com/file/r1va8ofdz1cqvvo/Assassin's_Creed_-_Valhalla_Gameplay-R_bfgXG7PEg.mkv/file

It's not gonna blow anyone away, let's be honest. I'm happy for more of the same while they cook the next-gen AC (which I'm hoping is Rome). Though if they release this near Cyberpunk they will get slaughtered. Going from that showcase to this footage, oh boy, it's like travelling between different decades.

The voice acting also seems pretty meh at least for the woman, we'll see how the male one does. A huge step backwards from Odyssey VA tho, for sure.

edit: And also, the dialogue is absolutely painful to hear. Seems the writing took a bit hit also. Never the AC's strong suit, but oh boy.

Malaka!

Don't give me hope that AC will return to Rome next generation. I'd take a full on remake of AC2-Revelations if they included the new RPG-Lite elements.

Soldato
Malaka!

Don't give me hope that AC will return to Rome next generation. I'd take a full on remake of AC2-Revelations if they included the new RPG-Lite elements.

To be clear, we have no rumours they're doing Rome next. That's just my dream as well for Ancient Rome. Perhaps then when they fully transition they can start upping the interactivity & AI life of their worlds also.

david-reinhold-reel-00-01-07-06-still019.jpg

Associate
To be clear, we have no rumours they're doing Rome next. That's just my dream as well for Ancient Rome. Perhaps then when they fully transition they can start upping the interactivity & AI life of their worlds also.

david-reinhold-reel-00-01-07-06-still019.jpg
Rome would be amazing, imagine the Acropolis of Athens being rebuilt in todays graphics.

Caporegime
It's a shame the AC games don't use Unreal Engine. Can you imagine the worlds looking like that demo shown in UE5. Maybe Ubi's engines will get upgraded for next-gen to match.

Man of Honour
I reckon the next AC game, will be Japan. Its really very much their ace in the hole. People have been asking for it for a long long time now and I suspect they will finally bow to it and set a couple of AC titles in Japan and China, they know that those would be massive sellers.

Back
Top Bottom