Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Caporegime
I reckon the next AC game, will be Japan. Its really very much their ace in the hole. People have been asking for it for a long long time now and I suspect they will finally bow to it and set a couple of AC titles in Japan and China, they know that those would be massive sellers.

Quite possible there would be an Asian trilogy next - Japan, China and India.

Associate
I reckon the next AC game, will be Japan. Its really very much their ace in the hole. People have been asking for it for a long long time now and I suspect they will finally bow to it and set a couple of AC titles in Japan and China, they know that those would be massive sellers.

An Assassin Ninja :o

Soldato
It's a shame the AC games don't use Unreal Engine. Can you imagine the worlds looking like that demo shown in UE5. Maybe Ubi's engines will get upgraded for next-gen to match.

Is it? UE4 has been absolute dog-poo with regards to streaming. Rest assured that Ubi will definitely upgrade the engine for next-gen, and tbh their tech team has been absolutely ace across all studios when you look at the end product rather than just the short-comings. Hell, I might even put Massive's Snowdrop Engine above all others based on what they've achieved with The Division 2, especially when you consider how many platforms they ship to & considering what a disaster it was for the first Division.

It will be interesting to see whether Ghost Recon & Assassin's Creed will split this time. They've used the same (AnvilNext 2.0) engine for both franchises this gen and you can tell it's been bumpy, more-so for GR than AC.

Soldato
i hope they make the side quests a bit more interesting - i've recently started playing odyssey and after 12 hrs i'm probably just going to do the main ones.
there is so much to do and its all boring - it tries really hard to be the witcher 3 and fails.

Soldato
I'm just a massive fanboy of Odyssey. One of my favourite games of the franchise only losing out to Ezio cause of Nostalgia

Me too, I've played the DLC and now gone back to the main game to finish a few minor quests, many of the side quests do become tedious but currently the best fun for me is just triggering mercenaries to spawn by ramping up my wanted level to maximum, two or three will then spawn in the vicinity.
I guess mercenaries will keep spawning endlessly as I Just checked and so far I've killed 920 :eek: and currently on level 90

Last edited:
Soldato
This actually looks really good on everything they have shown so far for me. Not really sure why it would tie into AC universe anymore though.

Just seems AC by name now than anything.

They should be (hopefully) building on the out-of-Animus story they developed from Odyssey which I thought was much better that basically all the Assassin's Creed games since Desmond was involved, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this (having to relive the viking era) will come into play with that story and I'm hoping they give us more time outside of the Animus.

Soldato
They should be (hopefully) building on the out-of-Animus story they developed from Odyssey which I thought was much better that basically all the Assassin's Creed games since Desmond was involved, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this (having to relive the viking era) will come into play with that story and I'm hoping they give us more time outside of the Animus.

That would be good to see and have it build out :)

Associate
I got bored just after watching those gameplays. Looks to be repetitive, same actions (use ships, attack, battle, fire houses, build your encampments, move and repeat ). Graphics is last gen to me. Kinda disappointed, but it might be just me.:rolleyes:

Soldato
That's odd cause this looked the least repetitive of any AC game to date with more depth in almost all areas.

Much more in terms of weapons and story from what shown in view so far. Yeah graphics are not the greatest of this gen but it wasn't awful either.

Kinda looking forward from the main 3 games they been showing off today.

Man of Honour
I got bored just after watching those gameplays. Looks to be repetitive, same actions (use ships, attack, battle, fire houses, build your encampments, move and repeat ). Graphics is last gen to me. Kinda disappointed, but it might be just me.:rolleyes:

To be fair though, use ships, attack, battle, building your base and moving on, does kind of sum up most action adventure games, theres not an enormous amount more to action adventure games than travel, fight, build, travel, fight , build :)

Back
Top Bottom