Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Actually, I have a question regarding graphics on PC.
I am running an AMD 3600 with Vega 56 and usually see fps in the region of 80-100fps at 1440P.
What settings would be best to reduce but not really affect the graphics quality so I can bump the FPS up a bit?

Turn of motion blur settings and depth of field. Shadows can be taxing, so try knocking that down a level or two.

Associate
Screen space reflections off, shadows on low, particle effects quality on low, tesselation on Near, ambient occlusion disabled will give more frames while not looking awful. Turning off Anti Aliasing does look awful though, try to keep SMAA T2X or Filmic SMAA T2X if you can.

Soldato
Screen space reflections off, shadows on low, particle effects quality on low, tesselation on Near, ambient occlusion disabled will give more frames while not looking awful. Turning off Anti Aliasing does look awful though, try to keep SMAA T2X or Filmic SMAA T2X if you can.

Nice one, I'll play about with those settings and see what I can come up with. I did wonder what anti aliasing and tesselation were.

Associate
Nice one, I'll play about with those settings and see what I can come up with. I did wonder what anti aliasing and tesselation were.

That's what I run with textures on High. At 1440p that sees around 120-130FPS in MP Gunfight modes, 110-130FPS in regular MP modes, and ~85-110 in Warzone, usually on the lower end due to the open nature of WZ.

Soldato
That's what I run with textures on High. At 1440p that sees around 120-130FPS in MP Gunfight modes, 110-130FPS in regular MP modes, and ~85-110 in Warzone, usually on the lower end due to the open nature of WZ.

Great, Thanks!
That seems a reasonable figure to go with. I'll try the settings over the next few days.

Soldato
this is total BS, as a console player it is not the same as almost full speed at all.

Compared to M+K it is. You simply can't move when stunned with M+K whereas controller users can turn full 360's, albeit slightly slower. It was raised as an issue in October 2019 and is still the same now.

Associate
As in a bug in the game?

I have seen this a few times in my deathcam and just assumed that they were all cheaters. So is the game definitely bugged like this?

Yeah. I have no idea how common it is tho. Seems like some bugged post process/motion blur effect. I'll post a screenshot in a mo

Soldato
Full system spec including Windows version & drivers.
When did it start?
What have you tried already?

We can’t help if there is no info. Just like trying to diagnose an incident that comes from service desk - we require a minimum data set (mds) or it goes straight back to a team leader

I've tried everything. It's been going on a couple of months now.

I'm using:
Windows Build 18363
Latest version of nvidia drivers

I have an old I5 4690k 3.4ghz with an RTX 2080, 16GB DDR3 2400mhz and 500GB m.2 SSD.

I've literally gone through 4 threads on reddit which list over 100 fixes, I've tried every single one and nothing has worked.

I've tried old drivers and new, I've tried Process lasso, setting cpu to low, normal, medium.

Tried different screen settings like full screen borderless etc

The first couple of months of this games release the game ran fine on the same hardware. Then after they updated Warzone one day this suddenly happened.

All other games on my PC run fine.

I don't use Ray tracing in Warzone, and I have tried low and high settings.

It's weird that it seems to get worse throughout the night. Like the first game will be smooth, the second game will be smooth, the 3rd game will have freezing for 2 seconds, the 4th game will have freezing for 3 seconds, then 5th game will have freezing for 5 seconds and then every game after that will have freezing for 5 seconds. And we usually play for hours and have a dozen games per night.

I love this game so the freezing just spoils it for me. :confused:

Other games like Apex, Metro Exodus, all my VR games etc all run fine in ultra settings, even games with Ray tracing enabled run butter smooth.

Associate
Ray tracing is broken in the game it looks like. Certainly that was the cause of my stuttering and frame drops (running a 9700k and 2080ti). Turn off RTX and I bet it runs fine

Associate
I've tried everything. It's been going on a couple of months now.

I'm using:
Windows Build 18363
Latest version of nvidia drivers

I have an old I5 4690k 3.4ghz with an RTX 2080, 16GB DDR3 2400mhz and 500GB m.2 SSD.

I've literally gone through 4 threads on reddit which list over 100 fixes, I've tried every single one and nothing has worked.

I've tried old drivers and new, I've tried Process lasso, setting cpu to low, normal, medium.

Tried different screen settings like full screen borderless etc

The first couple of months of this games release the game ran fine on the same hardware. Then after they updated Warzone one day this suddenly happened.

All other games on my PC run fine.

I don't use Ray tracing in Warzone, and I have tried low and high settings.

It's weird that it seems to get worse throughout the night. Like the first game will be smooth, the second game will be smooth, the 3rd game will have freezing for 2 seconds, the 4th game will have freezing for 3 seconds, then 5th game will have freezing for 5 seconds and then every game after that will have freezing for 5 seconds. And we usually play for hours and have a dozen games per night.

I love this game so the freezing just spoils it for me. :confused:

Other games like Apex, Metro Exodus, all my VR games etc all run fine in ultra settings, even games with Ray tracing enabled run butter smooth.

I would try opening the advance options in your documents and set your video memory scale to 0.55 and also your render count core to half of how many your cpu has etc I've mine to 3 as I've 6 cores.

Soldato
Meh, I think the controller thing is overexagerated. I've been doing cheshire park playlist and been coming top in every game with mouse/keyboard. It's ultimately still faster than controller.

Same, unless I'm having a bad day I'm generally at or near the top of the scores.

The aim assist won't make a bad player into good one but a decent player using it will absolutely shred everything.

Had one earlier on Rust, it was ridiculous, just locking onto everyone and shredding them almost instantly with a constant stream of hits. Whole opposing team quit after about a minute as it was pointless.

Associate
Caporegime
ahh.jpg

Another cheater, using ESP and AIMBOT.. Turned around in the sky parachuting down, and shot me point blank without missing. Upon spectating him, his gun locked on and tracked me as I was falling at speed with no parachute.

Used to go by the name of ISEEYOU

Lots of reports, no bans!

Caporegime
I am getting sick of seeing cheaters and not just hacks/aim bots.

it’s the obvious chronus max console users too who have zero recoil along with other scripts running, you watch every killcam in Warzone and it’s zero recoil shot shot shot it’s making me almost give up on the whole series to be honest the game is infested with people who just want to ruin everyone else’s fun.

This is what it looks like

Caporegime
I am getting sick of seeing cheaters and not just hacks/aim bots.

it’s the obvious chronus max console users too who have zero recoil along with other scripts running, you watch every killcam in Warzone and it’s zero recoil shot shot shot it’s making me almost give up on the whole series to be honest the game is infested with people who just want to ruin everyone else’s fun.

This is what it looks like

Yep seeing that a lot, Aim Assist and NO recoil

Back
Top Bottom