DARK (Netflix)

Soldato
I'm too dumb for this. I have literally no idea what's going on. Not one bit.
The matha with black hair is everywhere, Neilson was in the 50s before now he's back in the 21st C looking for his little brother again. None of it makes any sense...

Is there a timeline to help me.

I was following it perfectly fine up until S3 Ep2, now i am completely lost.

The guy and his family who was having an affair with Claudia Tiedemen and have a missing child
Doppler and his daughter looking for the rest of the family and why did Bartoz say he would lok after the daughter when dad died and why was dad angry with him
How did older Jonas and his group end up in the past
Tronte Nielsen killing Regina
Why does Jonas have no memory of multi-verse Martha.

Any recap vids of each episode like they did with Westworld?!

Associate
It’s nice to have a series wrap up most of the ties at the end. Only a couple of niggles where things could have been explained more. Jones’s sudden change of attitude in ep7... who was Boris/Alexander?

But quite a nice ending. Not quite hitting the highs of Babylon 5’s, but I don’t think anything will top that.

Soldato
Just about to start episode 8 of season 3, can’t believe it’s the final ever episode but I suppose they want to end it early rather than drag it on.

Associate
I love physics and paradoxes and time travel, and my god, what a show. At times I felt lost; but it always made sense. Great show, great acting, great story. Was always going to be tough to follow, with time travel and multiverses, but I think they did fantastically.

Soldato
I've watched all 3 seasons now and whilst it was entertaining for something that didn't come from Hollywood, without a massive budget but....
I don't get the hype. Maybe it's not the same with the English dub, but frankly I thought the whole thing was a bit mhhhh.
Convulted, boring in parts, to confusing for my stupid little brain and ultimately I didn't care.
Each to their own as I'm no gatekeeper to what's good or what others like.

Just didn't appeal.

Man of Honour
I've watched all 3 seasons now and whilst it was entertaining for something that didn't come from Hollywood, without a massive budget but....
I don't get the hype. Maybe it's not the same with the English dub, but frankly I thought the whole thing was a bit mhhhh.
Convulted, boring in parts, to confusing for my stupid little brain and ultimately I didn't care.
Each to their own as I'm no gatekeeper to what's good or what others like.

Just didn't appeal.

I found the first season a refreshing change but novelty wore off a bit with the 2nd and 3rd season I'm finding a bit of a drag. Personally I think the hype is justified for the 1st season alone though.

I've not tried to actively understand it through and through though - as it goes along I just pickup enough to have a general idea of who is who and where it is going and look for background clues, etc. but just wait for the show to tie it all together really and don't overly care to figure it all out precisely when all is said and done.

Soldato
Finished s3 last night and at times I felt stupid for not being able to keep up with all the changes throughout the episodes, glad I stuck with it as the pay off at the end was worth it, not the best ending but atleast it ties everything up and didn't leave anything open.

Soldato
I must have missed how it got all tied up.
A guy in the origin, splits the world's, how does that explain the nuclear plant, how does that explain the several time travel devices, how does that explain the 3 time difference, how does it explain the apocalypse, how does that explain the missing kids with the burnt eyes..

I didn't understand the show but I thought it felt like a quick resolution (like all time travel shows)

Associate
Decent season and ending but I felt it was the weaker of the three. It didn't have the WTF factor of the first and I didn't think the intensity of the second. I thought it had lost something in the styling also - maybe just the increased use of graphics.

Overall all though, a really solid set and some of my favourite TV for sure. I'm glad there is a fixed ending and it won't be dragged out and spoil it.

Soldato
Found S3 a bit disappointing. I felt they had a good complex story but they just didnt know how to finish it. I also felt it was rushed. Adam went from complete nutter to finally seeing sense out of the blue was odd.

Back
Top Bottom