Easy way to destroy stupid flies that come into the house...?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
There actually is. eBay Amazon chinese special "tennis racket" which has an electric grid and takes an AA or 2.

Honestly you'd think what a waste of time (i assumed that i'd be throwing a few £ in the bin), but you only have to gently touch the fly with them and its stunned for a few mins. Pick it up and throw it away :)

Soldato
Just stop them coming in at all. All you need is

1 x Clear plastic sealable bag
2 x 1p
2 x 2p
1 x 5p
Tap water.

Put the coins in the bag, fill with water and then seal. Then place the bag on the floor just outside the open door. Flies will stop coming in through that door.

Consigliere
OP
There actually is. eBay Amazon chinese special "tennis racket" which has an electric grid and takes an AA or 2.

Honestly you'd think what a waste of time (i assumed that i'd be throwing a few £ in the bin), but you only have to gently touch the fly with them and its stunned for a few mins. Pick it up and throw it away :)

Was thinking more of something they stick to rather than me flapping around but thanks. :p

Consigliere
OP
Ultraviolet light like the takeaways have?

Ew. :(

Just stop them coming in at all. All you need is

1 x Clear plastic sealable bag
2 x 1p
2 x 2p
1 x 5p
Tap water.

Put the coins in the bag, fill with water and then seal. Then place the bag on the floor just outside the open door. Flies will stop coming in through that door.

Am i missing a punchline here? :o

Soldato
You need a spider, but no idea how to get rid of that after it traps the fly.

If annoying nursery rhymes have taught us anything, you can get rid of the spider with a bird, then a cat to get the bird, a dog to get the cat etc. until you reach the level of a horse and then it all goes wrong.

Soldato
A tea towel or rolled up newspaper is useless for swotting flies -- I heard years ago that flies can detect the change in air pressure as you try to swot them and they just take off - I use those tennis racquet ones that look like a small piece of mesh on a handle - - They work because the air goes through the mesh so the fly doesn't feel the change in air pressure.

best thing I have used for flies was a flit gun and DDT - hit them with a puff of that and they just fell out of the sky - as usual anything that worked is now banned.

Associate
Had a bird die down the chimney last year. First time I noticed was when there were 20 flies in the living room. Sprayed a bit cat flea spray in the room. Result - 100+ dead flies over a couple of days.

Probably a bit extreme for what you want.

Associate

Very satisfying to use, without sounding too sadistic.

Man of Honour
We have pull down screens on the windows, except for some reason the kitchen, which mostly keeps them out. I'm not sure why the kitchen doesn't as it seems to be a fly magnet and drives people mad.

Back
Top Bottom