** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
If it’s anything like the previous generation you will be in for a treat! I work from home one day a week now and it’s just sheer bliss using it for word and excel. Racing games and mmos on it just as stunning
Yeah, I play FFXIV and looking to get back into WoW so looking forward to it!
I'm currently working from home 5-6 days a week too so productivity should be much better.

If anyone has any questions on the G9 I can try and answer through my flatmates G9 when it arrives today.

Associate
One question I have, would it be easy to snap windows into place (side by side) on the G9? A lot of the marketing material shows 3 windows side my side but I'm trying to test this out on my 34" ultrawide and I'm struggling to do that easily?
I'll check once it's here and set up. From what I've seen on videos it's built into the menus on the monitor itself.

Associate
One question I have, would it be easy to snap windows into place (side by side) on the G9? A lot of the marketing material shows 3 windows side by side but I'm trying to test this out on my 34" ultrawide and I'm struggling to do that easily?
Look up windows power tools. I use it and would assume its way more powerful that the built in software on the Samsung.

Look up windows power tools. I use it and would assume its way more powerful that the built in software on the Samsung.

You mean PowerToys :p

Thanks for heads up, this is a fantastic app, needs to be built into Win 10 as standard, I love that you can even adjust the boarder around the windows!

I think that might of sealed the deal for me, I just need to conform how will G-SYNC works on this display and I might be grabbing one, I'm a bit worried about about it's range only being 80-244fps.

Associate
Thanks Kaichu, all good info, looking forward to your Housemate getting his today, thanks for the useful updates :)

So I don't didn't have a gaming rig but bite the bullet and ordered it today YIKES!
INFORMATION ON YOUR ORDER: Confirmed :)
Exciting times, can't believe I blew 1500e on a Mintor, ooh well I do work WFH now 60 hours a week in IT so I'm sure it will be worth it!

Talked to really nice lad from OC's support and:
  • OC's have Ordered 150 G9's.
  • There are 130 Pre Orders right now for the G9s
    or 131 including myself :)
  • The stock should be in today or tomorrow but as of now, they have no idea on numbers from Samsung as of yet until they arrive.
Hope that helps us all impatiently hitting refresh!

The limited G-SYNC range is quite off putting, especially at a resolution where your likely to be dipping under 80fps, I guess I could run games at 3440x1440 as a compromise.

Going to have to think on this one, decide what to prioritise, gaming or productivity, this monitor really does look like something out a sci-fi movie, and I really want a slice of that.

Associate
I should be receiving my G9 tomorrow. I'll be replacing 3 Dell dell 2719dgf so will actually be slightly smaller than what I'm used to. I am intending to wall mount but my current mounts are only rated to 8Kg so clear clearly I will need something a bit more heavy duty. Any suggestions? I was looking at the Ergotron HX but it's a pricy piece of kit.

Associate
Thanks Kaichu, all good info, looking forward to your Housemate getting his today, thanks for the useful updates :)

So I don't didn't have a gaming rig but bite the bullet and ordered it today YIKES!
INFORMATION ON YOUR ORDER: Confirmed :)
Exciting times, can't believe I blew 1500e on a Mintor, ooh well I do work WFH now 60 hours a week in IT so I'm sure it will be worth it!

Talked to really nice lad from OC's support and:
  • OC's have Ordered 150 G9's.
  • There are 130 Pre Orders right now for the G9s
    or 131 including myself :)
  • The stock should be in today or tomorrow but as of now, they have no idea on numbers from Samsung as of yet until they arrive.
Hope that helps us all impatiently hitting refresh!
Ah, nice one! Hoping mine gets sent soon then.

My housemate has got his but hasn't set it up yet.

Soldato
Only on the 27" model

Direct copy from the Nvidia page i linked in my post, am i reading wrong? looks like the 27" and 49" both do 60-240 and its the 32" thats 80-240?

G-SYNC Compatible Samsung 2020 Odyssey G7 Yes 27 VA 2560x1440 (QHD) 60-240Hz No Display Port 451.48 or newer
G-SYNC Compatible Samsung 2020 Odyssey G7 Yes 32 VA 2560x1440 (QHD) 80-240Hz No Display Port 451.48 or newer
G-SYNC Compatible Samsung 2020 Odyssey G9 Yes 49 VA 5120x1440 60-240Hz No Display Port Upcoming Driver

Soldato
Wonder if Linus had updated the firmware. Be interesting to see his more critical look at it on LTT when he gets around to it. I still can't help think Samsung have got a cheek not including USB-C and all the PD / DP Alt Mode goodness.

Back
Top Bottom