Why is OCUK the best forum on the web?

Permabanned
I can’t give you a defined reason why I keep posting here. Most of them time I’m just abused by lefties (I’m Joking :)). But I’m very much addicted to the old place and my big blue screen on my iPhone / iPads, plus like most here, I love all sorts of tech.

Don
I've been here for over 20 years (yuck makes me feel v.old)

It's awesome little place, filled with loads of people I'm now lucky enough to call good mates. Great area for such a wide spectrum of knowledge, opinions and daily distraction from RL :<3 :)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Joined for advice, matured in motors, had a little break for a couple years but came back laden with pendulous goolies.

It was motors which pulled me in to participating and is still what keeps me here. No place else on the net have you got such a diverse, educated and/or legible demographic allowing for great discussions and amazing advice. I don't post in there much these days as I'm not up to date with much since the kids came along, but motors is still my homepage and browse it daily :)

Soldato
This is the first forum I've actually signed up for and posted on in 15+ years. I constantly search for info on various things in life, read a lot of different forums but mostly to sponge information.

Joined OcUK when I was building my first water cooled PC but quickly realised the wider hardware forums had a lot to offer. Then discovered Home & Garden then GD... Then the MM got access to my wallet...

Lots of good people here with a mix of humour and intelligence. I find it has a lot less people spreading BS and a lot more considered opinion, which is valuable whether we're discussing overclocking or DIY or cars really :)

There's even the occasional talk of *~feelings~* which is a good thing to have. It's a support network outside of my long-suffering mates. Genuinely feel part of a community here, never had that anywhere else online.

Soldato
Joined for advice, matured in motors, had a little break for a couple years but came back laden with pendulous goolies.

It was motors which pulled me in to participating and is still what keeps me here. No place else on the net have you got such a diverse, educated and/or legible demographic allowing for great discussions and amazing advice. I don't post in there much these days as I'm not up to date with much since the kids came along, but motors is still my homepage and browse it daily :)

OCUK Has really shown it's quality here. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/amazon-made-a-mistake-was-screwed-by-amazon.18892821/

Soldato
Level of intelligence is higher than average even if the level of behaviour is no better than your average forum the highlight is which is typically what the Kardashians are up to today, whereupon I rapidly lose the will to live.

Caporegime
I think because back in the day it was the only real major forum for computers and a broad spectrum of other stuff with a shop attached to it and became popular to a certain age range. Forums are essentially dead to millennials who all salivate over social media. The 30+ year old geeks all congregate here because that's all what's left.

Soldato
1) Mods allow the site to have a personality without the place being unwelcoming
2) The regulars who maintain enough status quo and differing opinions
3) People are helpful when you need advice

I've left places for having moderators who think it is their job to close every thread destroying the chance of discussion or providing help
I've left places because the lack of moderation has resulted in the place being over run by keyboard warriors and haters
I've left places because they are echo chambers of the same type of people

Soldato
Well it's either talk to random strangers on here or talk to our lass..

I'm not a mum so can't go on Mumsnet.
I'm not into cars so can't go on piston heads.

I like computers so I passed my self imposed forum sign-up test and joined this fine forum.

You lot are lucky.....I don't post more drivel.

Back
Top Bottom