• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Issue

Associate
Hi Guys,

I am not sure the vram on my Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 is on its way out but I am getting this strange artifacting as shown in the screenshot.

a>

xYVfqmc

Temps in games normally around 70 - 75c and after noticing this artifacting I opened Furmark and left it stressing for about 10 minutes watching and no artifacting temps at 86c max.

Windows 10 version 2004
AMD Driver is 20.5.1 not sure rolling back is going to help, Only thing that as recently been installed is KB4557957

Any suggestions is very much welcome :)

Soldato
ddu ur drivers try the whql ones instead.

Try pull the gpu out and fully reseat it incase it wasnt in fully.

Check cable is in properly on both end or try different hdmi/dp ports.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Not tried uninstalling these drivers yet but I can confirm card is reseated and card is dust free. Been playing Borderlands 3 for 8 hours yesterday no issues what so ever.

I'll give a full driver clean up a try.

Caporegime
I might be wrong but I thought using Furmark isn't advised since it can stress the GPU too hard, leading to possible failure.

Just a thought, anyway.

Associate
OP
Furmark is a power virus, nobody in their right mind uses it nowadays.

Normally I be using superposition for a quick stress blast. wanted to fire up furmark and guess the card a harder stress and no artifacting just in Killing Floor 2.

So runs normal in superposition, borderlands 3, Doom eternal and Fallout 76 but not in Killing Floor 2.

Caporegime
Try underclocking your core/memory one at a time and see if either helps. I noticed your card has a factory overclocked boost clock so that would be my first suspicion.

Man of Honour
I still use furmark and heaven for some testing of cards before I sell. If they cope with that they cope with anything!

Man of Honour
Kill or cure, I like it!

Exactly if I am moving an old card on and wan't to know it will play nice for the new owner I stick a couple of extra cards in my rig and do furmark for an hour and loop heaven overnight. If I come back in the morning and they are all good then they are ready to sell.

Man of Honour
*Mental note to avoid Vince's cards in the MM! :p

You shouldn't they are cheap, well looked after and nobody has ever come back with a broken one, I sold about 10 rx550's over the past few months and they are all good :) if they can be bios modded then they also will be :) vega56/polaris cards just in general.

Man of Honour
I'll keep my eye open if you ever have any Nvidia cards up. :)

Think I have only ever sold a passive 1030 in here. That didn't get the treatment as it was only used for about 10 minutes before I wanted to shoot myself in the face. :)

Associate
OP
Sorry been abit busy with my daughter yesterday so not had chance to test the card.

This is what is happening since uninstalling the 20.5.1 drivers and then installing the 20.4.2 drivers. When turning on the computer no display from HDMI output 1 swap the cable to HDMI output 2 works fine and if I restart or turn off then HDMI output 2 dont work so swap to HDMI output 1 works again.
No artifacting now but drivers crash after about 20 - 30 minutes into any game.
Toggling the bios switch to quite mode is the same fan curve and same core and mem speed as performance bios.
I have reapplied new thermal paste in case.

I bought this card from MM I think about 4 - 5 months ago and apparently it was an RMA card from Sapphire. Do you think contacting the previous owner for RMA help?

Back
Top Bottom