** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Nah he bought it from Lambda tek? Thought he was messing at first til he showed me the invoice and despatch alert. At least I can get a good look at it before mine comes.

Lambda havent got the Odyssey G9 listed - they do however have the old model which has a very similar model number - are you sure he hasnt bought that by mistake. I noticed Amazon also have the old model listed - complete with a picture of the new Odyssey !! - The price gives it away - both sites at £1099.

Associate
Lambda havent got the Odyssey G9 listed - they do however have the old model which has a very similar model number - are you sure he hasnt bought that by mistake. I noticed Amazon also have the old model listed - complete with a picture of the new Odyssey !! - The price gives it away - both sites at £1099.
They did have it in stock this morning (5) but all sold now.

Not sure if I can add a link to another retailers website but it was definitely on there.

Soldato
Do you feel better now that you got it off your chest....deary me, its just a link for the other guy`s too look at.

Much thank you, but you really shouldn't call things a review when they are not a review.

A "review" has a specific definition and when something which is sponsored by the manufacturer of the product it can not by definition be a review. It's an advert and should be treated as such.

The problem is there are huge proportions of the population that do not know the difference, it's really helpful if you don't add to it.

What the it does tell you is the screen has the potential to be very good but comparisons need to be made to its competitors and its true performance needs to be evaluated properly.

Associate
Be very surprised if people on this thread don't know the difference between a review and an unboxing?
It will please some just to see the unboxing and have an idea of what the beast looks like up close

Soldato
It's not just about the people that post in the thread, its all the people that view it too. This thread has over 27,000 views and only 385 posts.

Associate
Yeah, they went out of stock in like 24 hours. It definitely is one as i've seen the box and it says Odyssey G9 on it haha

Associate
Sounds like Linus uncovered some issues he couldn't really dive into. Mainly the flickering on desktop with HDR at 240 Hz when adaptive sync is on and the fact that HDR didn't work right in game at 240 Hz.

Also I wonder why it is not possible adjust response time (overdrive) with adaptive sync on. That sounds like an issue unless the screen can adapt the overdrive itself like a gsync module does.

Associate
Well I ordered one then cancelled and purchased a cx48, I’ve now reordered a g9 expensive month for me. I have convinced myself that this is a good move as I will mainly play wow on the G9 and the new ps5 on the cx.

Soldato
Additional crazy I know, just have to keep the wife out of my study for a few months.

Would love to get your impressions on visual quality differences and if any titles over 120Hz on the G9 feel or show much benefits.
Does the 1000R with 32:9 make it worth it.

Im more into Sim racing titles but considering the CX in 55" to then also get @44"? 21:9 display from it too. Not convinced with the stretching in titles with 32:9 but owners of past models seem to enjoyed those monitors.

Associate
Would love to get your impressions on visual quality differences and if any titles over 120Hz on the G9 feel or show much benefits.
Does the 1000R with 32:9 make it worth it.

Im more into Sim racing titles but considering the CX in 55" to then also get @44"? 21:9 display from it too. Not convinced with the stretching in titles with 32:9 but owners of past models seem to enjoyed those monitors.

I have a more balanced view as I have 2 49 ultrawide and a 34 ultrawide and a 43 inch 4k - they all have their strengths and weaknesses

However when a game fully supports 32 -9 there is just no contest

Beat them ups like the new mortal kombat etc - its like a super arcade machine at your house

Associate
Are there many modern AAA titles that don't support the resolution @Azrael1 ?

Yeah some new games don't fully support it so the aspect ratio is wrong. These can be fixed sometimes via widescreen forum fixes. However if you like PUBG do not buy the monitor unless you are going to run it at non ultra wide 32 9. That game clips your view. The devs did it on purpose as they thought it was an unfair advantage -at one time you could alter it perfectly.

Games that look stunning compared to normal 4k and 21 9 I play and love are

Destiny 2
Forza Horizon 4 ( I have an oled older gen 4k TV and still prefer it on the 32 9 )
Halo Collection ( really impressed they supported this res )
Breath of the wild ( Emulation ) - its truly worth owning one of these alone to play that
Mario Kart ( emulation ) -
Mortal Kombat 11
Read dead redemption 2
Battlefield/battlefront Series

The thing is fully supported games has spoiled it for me to the extent the alienware 34 IPS is just exclusively for the kid

If you play a lot of console ports etc the majority of them do not support 32-9. The same goes with indie games - better off with a normal 4k imho.

This page here has some more examples for you https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/12/19/best-ultrawide-pc-games/

Soldato
Thanks for that info.
Has anyone tried to compare however 32:9 on an OLED to a 49" 32:9 monitor?
Surely the OLED quality far surpasses the monitors and some are telling me beyond 120Hz for racing titles is a waste

An issue may be getting the OLED to do over 60Hz with custom res but is this possible with advanced software? So my issue is trying to determine is a larger OLED CX, for example, going to be better than a G9. Each has advantages but what would people prefer?

Last edited:
Associate
I pre ordered the 32 and have only seen about the G Sync range this morning. This really concerns me. I didnt expect there to be a difference between the sizes on G Sync range. I can't quite understand why this would be?

I currently have a 2080 and I do plan to upgrade to 3000 series but I definitely feel a little cautious right now. Contemplating cancelling but I will lose out on the pre order price. I was so hyped for this monitor, and now I feel a little wary.

Back
Top Bottom