** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Thanks for that info.
Has anyone tried to compare however 32:9 on an OLED to a 49" 32:9 monitor?
Surely the OLED quality far surpasses the monitors and some are telling me beyond 120Hz for racing titles is a waste

An issue may be getting the OLED to do over 60Hz with custom res but is this possible with advanced software? So my issue is trying to determine is a larger OLED CX, for example, going to be better than a G9. Each has advantages but what would people prefer?

I think the main reason for getting a G9 for sim racing is down to the immersion offered by the 1000R curve combined with the additional horizontal FOV. On the other hand, if you plan to do more than just sim racing I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the OLED TV. I decided to dedicate one PC to sim racing, so the G9 will fit that purpose and a separate PC for the living room TV handles all other gaming duties.

Associate
I pre ordered the 32 and have only seen about the G Sync range this morning. This really concerns me. I didnt expect there to be a difference between the sizes on G Sync range. I can't quite understand why this would be?

I currently have a 2080 and I do plan to upgrade to 3000 series but I definitely feel a little cautious right now. Contemplating cancelling but I will lose out on the pre order price. I was so hyped for this monitor, and now I feel a little wary.

I used this monitor with a 2080 playing Destiny 2 on Ultra and it never dipped below 80 FPS, however, you could reduce settings a little to make sure. Doesn't LFC kick in below 80?

Associate
I used this monitor with a 2080 playing Destiny 2 on Ultra and it never dipped below 80 FPS, however, you could reduce settings a little to make sure. Doesn't LFC kick in below 80?

Thanks for the reply. I'll be completely honest, Ive been using a ROG Swift 27" 165Hz for a few years and never worried about it, becuase it has a G Sync module. This looked to be the perfect monitor upgrade for me. I'm not too up on how LFC works in relation to this spec. Hopefully some in depth reviews come out and helps put my concern to rest. I'm not some crazy competitive player and I am upgrading for games like Cyberpunk etc, so if the average reviewer says I wouldn't notice this stuff then that's good for me.

Deffo could look into dropping the settings. I mainly play Apex, Control, A bit of Warzone, Valorant ETC. Just concerning that 60Hz wouldnt be the base line across all three models. Is there any chance it could be a mistake on Nvidias website? or is it something a firmware update could fix? the last two questions are general to everyone and not just you. :) Really dumb struck to why the larger screen would not be 60Hz :/

Associate
Doesn't LFC kick in below 80?
It does
But LFC activation (sometimes) causes flickering. It is the main worry of many Odyssey owners and potential buyers. Same issue was observed on previous gen Samsung monitors.

I couldn't care less about that. I prefer MBR to any adaptive sync. And at 240hz tearing is much less a problem.

Associate
Any update on stock on the 32" at all? I see that other retailers have the item in stock now... I dont want to spend an extra £120 but I have the itch! :D

Permabanned
What was the reason for the discount in the end? that £450 price was very appealing and I wasn't sure if it would be coming back again

Associate
Well it seems OcUk have sent out some G9's today, but clearly if you have not had on order since before 8th June, don't expect one any time soon...

Associate
Tbh I think Samsung's distribution of these monitors in the UK, has made them into a complete laughing stock, I tried to contact Samsung UK last week about info of release date and did not want to disclose any info on the matter...absolute shambles.

Associate
Just setup my G9 that I ordered yesterday (from an alternate source...). Holy hell it looks amazing! Just updated firmware to 1004 (came with 1003). Nvidia control panel seems to state "Selected Display is not validated as G-SYNC Compatible", hopefully a new driver update will fix that, not sure if it'll be using G-SYNC until then or not. Going through the settings atm, don't have my Spyder with me so can't check calibration unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom