**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
They gave the Pixel 4 a camera score of 117, but you won't find many people saying that the OP 8 Pro has a better camera, though I personally think the "Pixel has best camera" thing has gone beyond rational thought such that no reviewers dare dissent. The whole evaluation process is very subjective.

You obviously want a OP8 Pro. It's a great phone in many ways. Buy one from Amazon and send it back if you don't like it. Don't buy from John Lewis as they're currently denying all phone returns if you've signed into the device.

Soldato
I could link you to a place where a lot of people say that... but then I'd get band... Basically, a blind test showed the OP8P as the one a lot of people chose as better.

I'm sure you're right and I'm very cynical about the deification of the Pixel cameras. No doubt they were ahead of their time a couple of years back, but now other manufacturers have caught up.

Soldato
I'm sure you're right and I'm very cynical about the deification of the Pixel cameras. No doubt they were ahead of their time a couple of years back, but now other manufacturers have caught up.

iPhones I think are pretty much on par now, but I struggle to think of any others. Yeah, some high megapixel monsters are great on paper, but as we know in the real world, actually getting those fantastic photos is easier said than done. Despite OIS, EIS, and all the AI trickery, very few can get constant results time after time.

I've owned iphone 11, pixel 4 and OP8 and they all take great photos but only the first two give me the confidence that I'm going to get those great photos EVERYTIME I press the button.

I remember taking a family photo on the beach, and if I'd have had the pixel I would have snapped and put the phone back in my pocket. Any other phone, and I would have had to check the photo first to see if I needed to retake it.

The only reason I can think of, is the dedicated chips and software. We moved past simply having the best lenses a few years ago I think.

How much the nueral core offers over gigaspeed is up for debate.

Associate
Well I removed the factory fitted screen protector and omg I never realised how thick it was!! The feel on the screen is definitely better without it!!

Soldato
The thing with the Pixel it's just consistent and nearly always nails a shot. This is where it stands above the rest.
The 8 pro wrecks the Pixel in terms of available focal lengths such as ultra wide and macro.

The overall package on the 8pro wins over the pixel 4 in my opinion.

Soldato
Oneplus 8 for £599; is it a worthwhile upgrade over the 7t that I currently own? I like the look of the punch hole camera and the price is fine.

Or, would I have to go 8 pro to make it worthwhile?

Yes 8 pro for sure. Much improved camera sensors and that delicious screen. And a few other extras to boot.

Associate
Anyone experiencing apps disappearing from the home screen and app drawer?

I have got a few that have just vanished from my home screen and when I go into the app drawer they are not there but they appear when I search for them. I have tried reinstalling them but the bug still exists. I also deleted the cache of the oneplus launcher but nothing works

Soldato
Anyone experiencing apps disappearing from the home screen and app drawer?

I have got a few that have just vanished from my home screen and when I go into the app drawer they are not there but they appear when I search for them. I have tried reinstalling them but the bug still exists. I also deleted the cache of the oneplus launcher but nothing works
Never had this problem.

Soldato
As has been echoed, the pixels are just so consistent. Yes I also fire and forget expecting/knowing the photo will be great.

Anyway the oppo X2 Pro is more my phone. Good to hear Amazon being good as always even with phones. Just a shame I was about to pull the trigger and they put the price up £45 tipping it over the £1k mark. So now my brain is in 'nope' mode and am waiting for it to drop again.

Back
Top Bottom