M2 Comp Owners ? Opinions needed

Soldato
The Mustang doesnt do it for me ... I did look at the C43 at some point last year , not really looked into C63/s , prolly too shouty for what I need. RCF is a bit of a left field car.

Fair enough, sounds like you want an M2! I just personally don’t think they offer great value anymore, especially not brand new.

Do you need 4 seats? If not you could take a look at sports cars Cayman/Boxster/Supra etc.

Associate
OP
Fair enough, sounds like you want an M2! I just personally don’t think they offer great value anymore, especially not brand new.

Do you need 4 seats? If not you could take a look at sports cars Cayman/Boxster/Supra etc.
Yeah I need the 4 seats from time to time , got the little sprog to think about. Hopefully they will get one in for me to have a good test drive. Lucky for me my local dealer is only a mile away.

Soldato
Mate of mine tried mine .... and immediately went and bought one. In the same spec and colour. Weirdo.

I went through the same process of 'there must be something else' but just ended up back at the M2C. Only other close contender was the Cayman, but then I'd want the GT4...etc. This was on my FB when I was looking - and I may have consumed wine :p

Hmm. My perfect car: A 4wd switchable to rwd mid engined 450bhp Porsche rs4 estate with roof bars and optional dog helmets, under 1600kg. And the sound system out of an Aston Martin. Also 3 USB ports in the front.
TAKE MY MONEY.

On a more serious note, I'd love an M3 estate. I think. I had a 335d xDrive for a while - bonkers performance for a diesel but very dull.

Man of Honour
Hmm. My perfect car: A 4wd switchable to rwd mid engined 450bhp Porsche rs4 estate with roof bars and optional dog helmets, under 1600kg. And the sound system out of an Aston Martin. Also 3 USB ports in the front.
TAKE MY MONEY.

Aka a Porsche Macan Turbo? :D

OcUK Staff
At around 50k if your including used cars I’d probably be buying an Alfa Quadrifolio or however it’s spelt, just buy with warranty. Or just get the M2C as they are pretty fantastic, driven one on track and quite enjoyed it and the MDM allows sideways fun and all off it’s quite easy, great balance and a far nicer car to drive than say an M4.

Maybe consider as new as M3 you can afford too as later ones drive better, softer suspension.

Soldato
I’ve been looking at M2C’s as well and the controversial question; Manual or DCT? Personally - I’d choose manual as it’ll be more engaging and could be one of the last BMW 2 series 6 pot

Joe Achilles has some great videos which are worth a watch :)

Associate
OP
I have pretty much watched most of the M2 Comp videos on the YouTube by now. Cant really stand Joe Achilles to be honest. I prefer 'real' videos from unknown Youtubers than the usual suspects.

I would 99% go for an auto rather than a manual box.

Man of Honour
i don't own an m2...so it's just my rambling thoughts...
the m2c's chassis is based on the F20 platform and so heading on 9 years+
and has the s55 which is due to be replaced by the s58 in the new g87 m2
i'm not sure how much value there is in a £50k run-out model (unless the new g87 is a flop ofc :p)

Soldato
I would not buy a m2 comp new. Definitely look for one that is approved used with even a 1000 miles on and you save like £10k straight away.

I think the depreciation has hit the m2 comps hard really. About a year ago I saw one for low £40k - practically no miles on it on the forecourt.

Soldato
i don't own an m2...so it's just my rambling thoughts...
the m2c's chassis is based on the F20 platform and so heading on 9 years+
and has the s55 which is due to be replaced by the s58 in the new g87 m2
i'm not sure how much value there is in a £50k run-out model (unless the new g87 is a flop ofc :p)

The M2 borrows several components from the bigger brother m3/m4. The suspension, the brake etc hence why m2 has a wider track then the standard 2 series.

It really is a fantastic car to drive and quite well balanced, I can only the imagine the comp is even better to drive in that regard. My opinion it is the best newish drivers car you can get for under 40k.

I also find it spacious enough inside. I’ve had passengers in back when needed which is doable but you wouldn’t want to do that all the time. It’s very much a 2 person car imo, the seats go back a lot further then in my TT and I think driving position is better once you’ve adjusted to your liking. M3/M4 do feel a lot more spacious inside though, but obviously it is a slightly bigger car.

I still fancy a TTRS one day. Is that an option to consider? Some good deals on TTRS approved used that are a few years old.

Man of Honour
@Blackhawk47 yeah. No doubting the m2c is a nice car.
I was honestly looking at getting one too, but i think the new g87 is going to be a massive step up from the current m2 and round the corner.
Although it does share some parts from the m3/4, I don't think I could stomach paying for a car that has a decade old chassis imo

Soldato
I would not buy a m2 comp new. Definitely look for one that is approved used with even a 1000 miles on and you save like £10k straight away.

I think the depreciation has hit the m2 comps hard really. About a year ago I saw one for low £40k - practically no miles on it on the forecourt.
Not looked at them recently but last year it seemed to make more sense to me to buy new if could get a nice discount. Used BMW forecourt cars were too high vs new I thought. And some of the ones I looked at just as they arrived at the dealers (pre-prep) didn't look well cared for either, one particularly looked like it had led a very hard life in it's limited lifetime.
Thought I read recently that a new M2C can be had for £40k now or did I misread? Maybe that's used.

Soldato
Thought I read recently that a new M2C can be had for £40k now or did I misread? Maybe that's used.

You must be thinking used, new they are still £50k+, but obviously there are dealer contributions and such going on at the minute. The deal I keep seeing is £599 per months, £2k deposit.

I think you get better value going used, like this one: https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10626627

Me personally I think I bought at the wrong time as it was just at the time the m2 comp was being released so if I had waited 6 months I imagine I could have saved a few thousand on my car as the original M2s dipped in value slightly when the comp came out.

Back
Top Bottom