Cadbury's Dairy Milk - Yuk?

Soldato
They probably don't refine the chocolate as much as they did when it was Cadbury. Thats why it tastes gritty.
Chocolate looks like wet sand when it comes out of the mixer. Feels like it too.

Caporegime
Like most things these days. A grab bag packet of Walkers is a pathetic amount and don't get me started on "share bags" of Haribo or various chocolate. The only person I'm sharing with is myself.
yea family packs are like one serving tbh and they don't really seem like family packs anymore.

a lot of the family packs I wouldn't bother with

I wouldn't buy anything smaller because it would seem like a pointless amount.
same for tiny chocolate bars no thanks. anything smaller than a lindt bar I wouldn't bother with.

200g fruit and nut is often 1.50 in tesco at that price it's kinda hard not to

Soldato
Got some Giant Dairy Milk Buttons yesterday....still taste great....maybe they”ve left Buttons alone? :D
Or it's all in everyone's head. Cadbury was already part owned by a ruthless American conglomerate before being sold to Kraft. Everyone behaves like they were this angelic Quaker family firm taken over by the evil Americans but the truth is they haven't been that for years.

Soldato
I tried a Hersheys Reese's Peanut Butter Cup for the first time yesterday which was really sickly and the chocolate outer case has a gritty crunch that reminded me of the crystallized sugar.

Soldato
Cadbury accused of 'shrinkflation' as packs get smaller

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53442884

All Cadbury chocolate bars sold in multipacks will shrink by the end of 2021 to reduce their calorie count, owner Mondelez has announced.

Popular treats including Crunchie, Twirl and Wispa bars will contain no more than 200 calories each when sold in a four-pack.

However, the price will stay the same. Bars sold individually will not change.

Soldato
The bars of Dairy Milk in multipacks are already bordering on being snack/fun size, so you end up buying a bigger bar and eating it all in one sitting :p

Associate
Cadburys went to the dogs when they rebranded it from Cadbury's to Cadbury and this started a year or two before Kraft bought it. They started using palm fat and flavour and greatly reduced the cocoa butter and cocoa solids and milk. I believe it was to improve the bottom line before the sales intertia was lost and the public twigged. Thus they would be able to sell the company with a greater margin forecast.

Have you tried Mackies chocolate? The IceCream Mackies in Scotland? This is how I remember Cadbusry's Dairy Milk used to be.
Cadbury nowadays is like the chocolate flavoured coating you used to get on cheap choc-ices in the 1980's before Magnums came along.

Caporegime
The chocolate tastes rank and nothing like it used to.

For me it's orange Lindor if I fancy some. Don't eat an awful lot though.
We don't buy Cadburys anymore. It's definitely not the same as it used to be.

Not that we ever bought a lot of it, but it was an occasional treat. But it just tastes off these days. Hard to put your finger on, but it ruins the enjoyment of it.

Permabanned
it's the corner shop prices that put me off, 80p for a mars bar. or just buy one of those £1 slabs?
I remember when I was 18 working in Safeway, I used to buy one of those massive £5 dairy milf bars lol. Every week

Caporegime
Just bought some today to test, can confirm it doesn't taste the same. It used to have a sort of strawberry like aftertaste which is completely gone, and it tastes like it has less cocoa content too. It tastes sweeter and less chocolatey.

It is still pleasant enough, but nowhere near as good as it was.

Back
Top Bottom