• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus 2080Ti XTreme fan issue

Associate
Hi All, I purchased this graphics card from OCUK on day of release 14/11/18. It was a nice step up from the Strix 1080 I had before. There wasn't many reviews of the card at the time but I was happy to get hold of one from the first batch. The card fans have recently started revving to 100% and ignoring any fan curves to try and balance temps and noise.
When i boot up a game- any game - the temp jumps to 79 degrees and the fans seem to have a mind of their own. Fitted in my P5 case this leads to ridiculous vacuum like noise. I took my pc into my local shop for a second opinion and it looks like its faulty. I registered the card with Aorus on the day it arrived and aware there is a 4yr warranty. I've never had to RMA anything before so just wondering if anyone has had similar issue with their card and had experience dealing with Gigabyte. Thanks!

Associate
OP
I had the arous 2080ti extreme had to rma it got a zotac no problems at all.
Thanks I recall seeing you on the forums posting a similar issue at the time. I shouldve spoke with OCUK within the first 12mths but bought some good headphones and left it! Will have to RMA via Gigabyte so hopefully that will be straight forward enough.

Associate
OP
Cheers Amidar. I'm hoping @GIGA-Man may be able to assist me through the RMA process. This is my first time using Aorus and the experience has been disappointing so far. Hopefully he is still active on the OCUK forums and can offer similar support so I can start enjoying my graphics card again. To add, my issue is exactly the same as the link you provided above and that crazy loud fan video sounds all too familiar!

Caporegime
Better off with another brand, that card was all about the led's and the cooling is about on par with the reference cooler, thanks mainly to the pathetic spindly centre fan doing next to nothing.

Associate
OP
Cheers Gérard. I've persevered with it long enough now. Hoping GB can provide a solution. Having only previously had Asus Strix cards in the past and zero issues the change to Aorus has backfired for me. If @GIGA-Man is still active on here I'm hoping he'll assist and restore my faith in the brand!

Associate
Better off with another brand, that card was all about the led's and the cooling is about on par with the reference cooler, thanks mainly to the pathetic spindly centre fan doing next to nothing.

Or a Gigabyte card with at least two fans. That spindly centre fan is, like you say, more or less identical in looks and performance to the reference cooler.

Back
Top Bottom