** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
20 g9 monitors were despatched yesterday and i just happened to be pre order number 21 typical lol just hope this monitor is worth the wait
arrg that stinks :(. Hopefully, you won't have to wait to long for your preorder to be shipped. I was about to pull the trigger as well seeing as all other 32" 144hz+ options are terrible but now I'm just gonna wait for the 32" 4k 144hz IPS variants and then wait some more after they arrive to have the price of them at a more reasonable level. It is getting intolerable to look at this 27" 1080p however.

Associate
arrg that stinks :(. Hopefully, you won't have to wait to long for your preorder to be shipped. I was about to pull the trigger as well seeing as all other 32" 144hz+ options are terrible but now I'm just gonna wait for the 32" 4k 144hz IPS variants and then wait some more after they arrive to have the price of them at a more reasonable level. It is getting intolerable to look at this 27" 1080p however.
yea i sold my crg90 49 before ordering this when i had seen the original june release date that was given so iv been stuck with a 27 inch 75hz since and its so hard to adjust to that type of screen after being used to the ultrawide

Associate
My G9 order from the rainforest was due today (pre ordered mid June) but I got a ‘delayed, don’t know when it will be available’ message from them this morning. Now thinking might be quicker to pre order from OCUK. This release has been a bit of a shambles from Samsung

Associate
yea i sold my crg90 49 before ordering this when i had seen the original june release date that was given so iv been stuck with a 27 inch 75hz since and its so hard to adjust to that type of screen after being used to the ultrawide

haha I did EXACTLY the same. Sold my CRG9 to a friend who could pick it up, I’m not exactly stuck with the old Predator X34A but it is very hard to adjust to “just” 21:9....

Associate
My G7 32" order came through today from another retailer. Just wanted to say based on my initial findings Im pretty sure the 80hz minimum VRR range for it on Nvidias site is a typo. CRU reports a 60-240hz range on my system. Running the pendulum test between 50 and 90 I can barely see any issues at all (possibly a single slight flicker as it drops from 60-59fps which i suppose makes sense as VRR deactivates? But other than that its smooth as silk. No flickering down at 40fps but obviously you can see the pendulum stuttering across the screen then.

Only tried Shadow of the Tomb Raider up to now, and with HDR this monitor does look glorious coming from a 27" Acer XG270hu.

I should say I'm running a 2080 super, Driver version 451.67, and the latest monitor firmware at the time of writing (1005.2). I'm no monitor expert at all, but thought I'd give the other 32" pre-orders some extra hope as I'd been following this thread and that 80+ VRR worried me slightly.

Associate
I've got a G7 preorder with ocuk but I'm now leaning towards the G9 after watching that, well I was kinda leaning towards one anyway but that review has just nailed it for me, I think. Hmmm decisions...

Soldato
just received the G7 32 just wondering what colour settings are people using ? I have it set to custom even with 100 brightness it doesnt seem that bright

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom