*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
DPD delivered it back today, no way to tell of it's the same controller or if they actually just swapped it, wouldn't turn on without being connected to my switch first though.

Ours were the same, I could tell as my son chipped one of the joy cons underneath and they were Pokemon limited edition. Both seem fine since we got them back. I'll be testing them regularly though!

Associate
Can anyone recommend 3 games to get with a new switch?

I won’t have access to a tv so it will be used exclusively in handheld mode. I enjoy all game types except pokemon type stuff.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend 3 games to get with a new switch?

I won’t have access to a tv so it will be used exclusively in handheld mode. I enjoy all game types except pokemon type stuff.

My Favs

Mario Kart <- Never gets old
Mario Odessey
Mario Bros
Luigi Mansion
Donkey Kong
Splatoon 2

Arms is good fun but you really need a big tv and lots of room, maybe not great for handheld mode

Animal crossing seems to be the flavor of the month but not played it yet

Can't go wrong with any of the lego games either

fez

fez

Caporegime
Got my copy of mario oddyssey, paid for it in vouchers that my grandad didn't want. Should be a good game for a freebie.

Its a cracking game at full price to be fair. I finished it soon after it came out and then put another 10 or so hours into it the other week. The movement and flow of the game is just amazing. Very satisfying.

Soldato
I’m maybe 2/5 the way through paper mario, some thoughts.

the good

game looks amazing, boss battles are great fun, not a bad story

the bad

the random battles are very boring very quickly, the motion control on the 1000 arms is annoying, would have been easier with just a button push to do this.

overall - really enjoying the game, I’m maybe 10 hours into it so far, just cleared the blue streamer, it’s got a lot of quirky humour and the gameplay is fun aside from the monotonous random battles

Soldato
I got a game called phantom doctrine for £1.79, I can barely see the text and I think I overpaid.

I played it for a while but yeah text is way too small for me.

Interested to see some new stuff.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Well, that was.... utter trash. They would have been better off not even having that. 8 minutes. Games that almost no one cares about.

Had low expectations and was still really disappointed.

Soldato
I still have a quite a big list of games to get but if i was up to date with games i would be quite disappointed with the line up of games coming out. Great console, barely had a chance to touch mario oddyssey that i bought last week.

Soldato
I think my kid has knackered the charger port. It will only charge with the official cable plugged in at a strange angle. It won't charge in the dock or with a 3rd party usb charger.

It's 18 months old so I presume out of warranty. Anyone had experience or advise on this ?

Self repair ? Nintendo direct ?

Man of Honour
I think my kid has knackered the charger port. It will only charge with the official cable plugged in at a strange angle. It won't charge in the dock or with a 3rd party usb charger.

It's 18 months old so I presume out of warranty. Anyone had experience or advise on this ?

It’s still in warranty but that won’t cover accidental damage.

Caporegime

Self repair involves soldering a new USB-C connector on, that doesn't look fun, maybe contact them for a price to repair it.

Back
Top Bottom