• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI 980 TI Gaming 6g/NZXT Kraken

Associate
As you can see from the title i have a MSI 980 TI with a NZXT kraken G12 attached, recently the supplied fan with NZXT has started sounding like a chainsaw so i am wondering if for now i can get away with unplugging the fan? Curious if the VRMs will be ok with the air from the front of the case blowing through a rad.

Last edited:
Associate
I would suggest give it a good blast with some compressed air and see if there is anything in it (you probably already have but always worth double checking) alternatively you could see if changing the fan speeds helps at all?

Associate
OP
Yeah already gave it a good blast & don't have any control over the fan speed unfortunately, for now i just did a bit of macgyver and set up a spare 120mm fan under it so atleast some air is blowing on to the VRMs.

Associate
Some fans have a sticker over the central hub that you can remove and put something like some silicone lubricant into the bearing, that'll get it to quiet down. There's guides on Youtube. Sometimes I think folks also just use some light machine oil instead, I'd be careful with that though.

Back
Top Bottom