*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Caporegime
At least with well run community servers, you didn't need dice to do much. EA took control of all servers from 3rd partys and then messed the whole thing up.
Battlefield will struggle to recover from the last few releases, their ace card is of course still a BC3 game.

They'll do what they did with bfv when it comes to those servers, before launch they'll give the standard "we're looking at it" reply then after launch they'll deflect and stall, then eventually never mention it again.

The game really is farcical at present with the amount of hackers in it and nothing being done about it (on top of the game already being a farce with 1 team steamrolling another in most servers as of late). Odds are they'll use the server question technique to also "answer" questions about anti-cheat in the next game.

They really have the EA mentality ingrained into them now, they're just a pack of puppets dancing to their overlords tune.

I honestly think the BF series needs to do a medal of honour and get shelved for a few years, they're just back into their cycle of rush releasing half finished games that make early access titles look complete.

Caporegime
jnoKZEZ.jpg

So this is what dice have done in their latest update, added a few more planes and tanks but for some reason they have 6 tiers as opposed to 4 for the vehicles already in the game pre-update. So more options for newer vehicles less for older ones. :confused:

Oh and actual proper ww2 uniforms are apparently making an appearance soon.....yet more **** that should have been in the game when it launched. :rolleyes:

Associate

This is great, team balance in bfv :D

LOL Love the bit at 4.10 where the poor old tanker is left in the dust as someone nicks the tank he was repairing. How true.

BFV has descended into a nonsensical mess of individuals manically running around like headless chickens not listening to orders or thinking about the team, only their own pathetic k/d ratios. Oh well.

Soldato
against my better judgement i've been enjoying this, i'm thinking of upgrading from a 6 to 8c/16t, would i notice an better fps than my 5820k. i'm running a titan x pascal

Caporegime

Well at 1 hour 27 mins they basically hinted that the next Battlefield may well have more than a 64 player cap. Showed a couple of shots of soldier models running and a render of a face but not much else.

Meanwhile battlefield 5 is hack central, has been for months and dice have their fingers lodged firmly up their holes doing nothing. A good advertisement for support on the next game for sure.

Associate
Although this is a BFV thread, i thought i'd ask here~:

Is Battlefield 1 worth it in 2020? (are there plenty of servers? Is cheating rife?)

Cheers

Associate
Although this is a BFV thread, i thought i'd ask here~:

Is Battlefield 1 worth it in 2020? (are there plenty of servers? Is cheating rife?)

Cheers

Had a lot of fun in BF1 especially with the behemoths attempting to turn the tide when a team is doing really bad.

Cheaters....i have not played bf1 for a while now, but there were only the odd 1 now and again. BFV is full of them. Just gotta switch to another server.

Another positive with BF1 is the ability to switch teams, something you can't do in BFV especially as it's needed due to the game never balancing correctly ending up with stacked teams a lot of the time.

Associate
I'm trying my best to get back into this as I want to play a decent looking fps, most games I've been in end up very one sided. No emphasis on the objective whatsoever.

There isn't one particular thing over another that stands out about how disappointing this game was, just a lot of little things.

Caporegime
I'm trying my best to get back into this as I want to play a decent looking fps, most games I've been in end up very one sided. No emphasis on the objective whatsoever.

There isn't one particular thing over another that stands out about how disappointing this game was, just a lot of little things.

Unfortunately 1 team absolutely pumping the other is something that did have failed to address in near 20 years of battlefield games. They tried to fix this with Behemoths in BF1 but that led to whinging as people seeing it as a "crutch".

Thats the reality of this game that people are fine with one team getting raped as long as they're on the winning side. Mixing teams between rounds or during rounds also led to whinging as the clan noobs would be on the moan about being seperated. A simple solution to this would be to shift the squad.

But right now the game is in a pathetic state, between hackers running amock and 1 sided battles, having a decent few rounds is a rarity. And dice seem more interested in adding words to their pathetic little chat filter than sorting out game issues or banning hackers.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
But right now the game is in a pathetic state, between hackers running amock and 1 sided battles, having a decent few rounds is a rarity. And dice seem more interested in adding words to their pathetic little chat filter than sorting out game issues or banning hackers.:rolleyes:

Yea incredible some of the words now filtered.

Boogaloo isn't even permitted

Caporegime
Yea incredible some of the words now filtered.

Boogaloo isn't even permitted

"Sniper" was also filtered as well, it really is pathetic. They have a game where audible swear words coming from the characters can be heard yet they censor virtually everything in the chat. If they put as much effort into combating hackers as they do with this filter the game would be hack free.

Associate
Finally found this thread. I find the constant complaining about camping in game annoying as I point out people play to their abilities or the map. I'm 60, so zi have not got fast reactions, have average computer and internet speed. Some games are actually free from the hackers and you can have a decent game. The trouble is that as said, there are numerous hackers that are just not dealt with. I look at a high K/D as proof of hacking and when you look at their profile it is hidden. I have also played the other Battlefield games and have always had the same problems with hackers. So until EA, Dice or whoever's producing and monitoring the games sort it out we're stuck. An example of unfair play in Battlefield 4, was when 2 of my mates were in a server with just the 2 of them shooting each other, obviously they both got high scores and were banned for cheating even though the game allowed for that. Rant over.

Back
Top Bottom