US: Star Trek: Lower Decks (the new animated series)

JRS

JRS

Soldato
(Putting this here because I don't know when it's getting a UK release)

Sooooooo...

*ponders for a second or three*

No.

No no. Nope. No. Niet. Nein. Non. Nee. Οχι.

Qo'.

No.

To the execs that green-lit this - **** off, and **** off some more, and keep ******* off until you have ****** off so much that you end up right back here.

Then **** off again.

Special note for @james.miller - this is obviously just my opinion, I don't think that everyone should have to conform to this opinion, if people reckon that they're going to like this then that's absolutely fine, life would be boring if we all liked the same stuff, but they should just be aware that they are entirely faulty in the head and probably in need of some kind of professional help ;):p:D

Soldato
I'm not sure who this show is for really. Kurtzman said he wanted to get more kids in to star trek - this isnt the way to do it. Yeah it's animated but it's not PG is it? I dunno, I must be missing something.

On it's own, without the Star Trek branding smeared all over it, it could actually work. But seeing as it's written by Klutzman and his cronies.. it's not likely. I'll still watch it because I love sci-fi, but I'll watch it with no expectations and I won't be at all surprised if it's absolute trash because that trailer doesn't do it many favours.

Soldato
(Putting this here because I don't know when it's getting a UK release)

Netflix and Amazon have passed on it. There is no international distribution for it. I can see why.

Apparently Youtube hid the like/dislike ratio when it started getting... bad.. The comments are also turned off, as they obviously don't want any feedback that isn't what they want to hear, just like everything else Kurtzman based.

Last edited:
Associate
Idk, I'll give it a look.

I like that this at least isn't trying to take itself seriously (with the recent series, just being hard to take seriously). I've seen a lot of Trek spoofs over the years, I think it could potentially be fun to see it poking fun at itself for a change.

My expectations at this point however are very low.

Soldato
That is terrible - who is it aimed at?!

It's looks and sounds similar to Final Space/Rick and Morty - only much, much crapper and definitely not needed.

Last edited:
Soldato
It looks like it's aimed at the current generation of "infantilised" mid-20's folks who don't know much about Star Trek, other than the name as something their dad watched. It has the same "we all look-a-like now" animation style as almost every new TV cartoon, with the same "TV exec wanting a Rick and Morty clone" feel to the humour and it's written by a team heading someone who doesn't understand what makes Trek actually "Trek" and is trying to bend/force the existing IP into something only he wants to see, annoying all the existing fans and bringing very few new fans. Hmmmm, where have I heard that before :eek:

However the humour looks OK if you ignore thats it's officlal Trek canon and just treat it like the Archer space-based episodes of Season 10 instead.

So, Thanks, I Hate It!

Last edited:
Soldato
Only thing i like is that its tng era based which is nice compared to all the prequel stuff of late.

Tho its a sad day when a trek cartoon with humour of say a bad version of rick and morty has been made. They should have done a tng version of tos animated series, serious trek with no slap stick humour and maybe got some past trek actors in for voice overs.

Soldato
Lots of people calling this Rick and Morty in space; I didnt know it was actually developed by Mike Mcmahan who was a writer and producer for ... Rick and Morty. So if you like R&M humour then this miiiight not be a total washout. possibly.

Soldato
It's almost like it's on purpose now I really don't get it. I must be getting old, or I'm definitely not the target for this, but this is beyond cringe and I cannot watch it without getting very angry. They are ******* on what is now the dead cold corpse of what they think star trek used to be, 'secret hideout' haven't got a clue.

They've missed the mark on ST-Discovery, then ST-Picard and now this - I'm almost at the point where I think it's deliberate!

Back
Top Bottom