Space Command (series, but this is the full film)

Associate
IMO very good and worth watching this full film, with the rest being on a network as a series (worth it i think).

Intro and then the film:

Info on further films:

Last edited:
Soldato
Very good, far better than any of the recent TV drivel :)

A lot of familiar faces too, and a few we've hardly seen since the B5 / TNG days.
Very interested to see where this goes.

Soldato
The good work of the "older" faces just emphasises that the new actors look awful at acting. The obvious lack of budget combined with the poor level of acting ability is making this a very hard watch for me despite the story being intriguing and fairly well written, as it feels like fan-fiction rather than a real TV show/film.

Associate
OP
The good work of the "older" faces just emphasises that the new actors look awful at acting. The obvious lack of budget combined with the poor level of acting ability is making this a very hard watch for me despite the story being intriguing and fairly well written, as it feels like fan-fiction rather than a real TV show/film.

You need to remember where the funds came for this, so it's about getting enough people interested in this in order to have a network pick it up for full support.

To think how much was possible on their small budget and the known actors here, do it normally for free or a huge pay cut in order to help out.

Soldato
You need to remember where the funds came for this, so it's about getting enough people interested in this in order to have a network pick it up for full support.

I had no idea it's a Kickstarter, that explains everything! I thought it was a cheap network Pilot from the YT video above hence my comments about how low budget it was, but considering the how it started with just $250K being crowd sourced I'm more impressed with what they've done over an hour long episode - although the "new" actors really are a bit wooden (or new to acting) regardless.

Back
Top Bottom