Disco Elysium a new RPG

Soldato
I'm enjoying the game so far.

That aside, is anyone else getting unusual system usage? This game is fairly light on requirements, and most of the time it barely makes use of my GPU, but in the occasional area my GPU usage ramps up like I'm running some sort of stress test.

Last edited:
Associate
Played this game last night ! not sure what to make of it at the moment but will put some more time in to it tonight , didnt notice any odd GPU problems but then again I was kinda sucked in to the crazy odd start of being a Drunk in a house with no pants on ha.

To me its got a Discworld / point and click feel to it with a Story ! I guess thats the best way to sum it up at the moment

Soldato
I've had this for a while but decided it was time to play it. I didn't really pay much attention when I started and just picked a pre-made character, also never paid too much attention to where I spent my skill points. I'm currently on the second day but wonder if i should cut my losses and start again, only thing is that I'll have loads of text to go back through!

Associate
I've had this for a while but decided it was time to play it. I didn't really pay much attention when I started and just picked a pre-made character, also never paid too much attention to where I spent my skill points. I'm currently on the second day but wonder if i should cut my losses and start again, only thing is that I'll have loads of text to go back through!

Ultimately it is up to you if you restart but this game is designed so that failed skill checks may lead to different outcomes but not necessarily objectively worse ones. They are part of your story within the game. Deficits in areas can be made up with outfits and there are plenty skill points to pick up over the game's duration if you feel you need to fill a gap.

I'd ensure that you have decent Perception at least as it will open up more objects to interact with.

Associate
Excuse my jumping this way back to the top of the catalogue but the Final Cut update is coming on the 30th of this month
If you haven't already then this is the time to play this absolute masterpiece of a game.

Soldato
Excuse my jumping this way back to the top of the catalogue but the Final Cut update is coming on the 30th of this month
If you haven't already then this is the time to play this absolute masterpiece of a game.

Thanks, I only found out about this recently. I'm a big Planescape and Fallout fan looking forward to trying this. Going to wait for the Final Cut version first and give it a good go.

Associate
Thanks, I only found out about this recently. I'm a big Planescape and Fallout fan looking forward to trying this. Going to wait for the Final Cut version first and give it a good go.
It's definitely more Planescape than Fallout what with it having over a million words to read, and now hear since they're adding full voice acting. No combat whatsoever though so I hope you weren't expecting any

Soldato
It's definitely more Planescape than Fallout what with it having over a million words to read, and now hear since they're adding full voice acting. No combat whatsoever though so I hope you weren't expecting any

Can't wait, i just hope my laptop can handle it, it's an i7 and quite fast but will see. I've played through Planescape multiple times and love dialog - the more the better :)

Associate
I'm loving it just as much as the first time. Maxed FYS and as much PSY as possible with the others dumped at 1
Big, dumb, clumsy, manipulative and EXTREMELY aggressive power trip cop. Everyone is getting screamed at, everyone is getting punched

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Played this for about 90 mins last night and the corpse is still hanging from the tree.

No idea where this game is going to go but I think I’ll enjoy the trip.

Associate
Played this for about 90 mins last night and the corpse is still hanging from the tree.

No idea where this game is going to go but I think I’ll enjoy the trip.
This playthrough it's about 9pm on the first day and I'm only just about to start working on the corpse. Probably a bit late, I haven't even spoken to Evrart yet

I have punched both Cuno and measurehead in the face, made Sylvie cry and blew my stack at the guy eating a sandwich

Back
Top Bottom