Most powerful, smooth performance phone you have used in 2020.

Associate
Smooth performance and power is what I need in a phone. Just wanted to findout what is the most powerful phone you have used it 2020. I have used the oneplus 8,non pro version 8gb ram but I felt it was under powered. I have now moved to the oppo find x2, 12GB ram version and its more powerful than the one oneplus 8. So wondering what's the most powerful phone you've used?

Associate
OP
Some say the performance should be the same between 8gb and 12gb ram but I don't belive that. I think 12gb definitely has more power.

Soldato
Some say the performance should be the same between 8gb and 12gb ram but I don't belive that. I think 12gb definitely has more power.

It'll be the same. The ram specs the same on the pro. More ram just holds more apps in memory. All other performance metrics stay the same.

Android needs 6GB to run comfortably. 8GB is plenty.

Soldato
Re: Android RAM, I noticed a clear difference between my 8gb 8 Pro and 12gb Note 10+.

The 8 Pro reloads stuff regularly, the Note 10+ hardly ever.

Soldato
Re: Android RAM, I noticed a clear difference between my 8gb 8 Pro and 12gb Note 10+.

The 8 Pro reloads stuff regularly, the Note 10+ hardly ever.

Have you disabled the extra power saving stuff on the OP? They're pretty aggressive by default causing apps to reload often: https://dontkillmyapp.com/oneplus

I hardly see any apps reloading on my 8gb 7TP after turning off the unneeded battery management and it multitasks a lot better.

Difference between 8gb vs 12gb is very small for everyday normal use, so it will matter more on the OEM's battery and RAM management, unfortunately a lot of them are more aggressive than the default behaviour found on Pixel phones.

Soldato
The most powerful phone is an iphone, there isn’t really any disputing that.

The smoothest phone is either an iPhone, or something on Android with a 120hz screen and loads of RAM from One Plus or Samsung.

Associate
Have to give this to the OnePlus 8 Pro (I had the 8gb version) - easily the smoothest/slickest performing device I've had this year. My current Mi10 Pro isn't far behind though and both seemed slicker than the S20+ I tried for a few weeks.

Associate
OP
Have to give this to the OnePlus 8 Pro (I had the 8gb version) - easily the smoothest/slickest performing device I've had this year. My current Mi10 Pro isn't far behind though and both seemed slicker than the S20+ I tried for a few weeks.
Hmm everyone is leaning towards the oneplus 8 pro . I wish you guys also tried the oppo find x2 , really enjoying the power in this thing!

Soldato
Hmm everyone is leaning towards the oneplus 8 pro . I wish you guys also tried the oppo find x2 , really enjoying the power in this thing!

I don't think many people want to drop £1099 on a phone from a brand that was, until they stuck £500 on their prices, known for budget models.

Associate
Ah well just as well put mine up.
Samsung galaxy s20 ultra (512gb)
Yes its the (Gulp wait for the flaming) Uk vers. its buttery smooth no lag, no juddering or stuttering, does not get hot. And the screen is a beauty to behold and 120HZ.
And i have to say people saying that iphones are just as smooth are either deluded or never compared them in real life.
My son has the iphone 11 pro max daughter has the iphone 11. Side by side next to my phone it is night and day. samsung is a lot smother it is the screen no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom