**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
What are the changes? Mine updated on Friday evening but I don't see any difference.

If enabled, you can scroll down on the homescreen (pull down in the middle of the screen) to access the shelf. You'll notice, if you enable the frequent contacts widget, they no longer have the god awful white padding around the icons.

It's actually pretty decent, I have the parking widget and shazam at the minute.

Soldato
Think I'm set on getting a one plus 8 but is the pro version really worth it? I'm not really fussed about the camera upgrade. Currently have a pixel 3a.

Soldato
See plenty of leaks for the One Plus Nord, is that going to be lumped into this thread or a new one?

I'm really interested in the One Plus Nord, not only as a device in it's own right, but also as a principle that midrange SoCs are now good enough to give the same smooth experience as flagship SoCs (with the exception of taxing games).

One Plus has always been about performance and it's interesting to see their CEO declaring they feel the 765 gives the user experience they've become known for.

It could potentially bode well for the Pixel 5 from a performance for price point of view (although knowing Google, they'll probably still trip over with either the battery or camera lens array, or both).

This could finally be the phone that gives Pixel users another option. A clean OS, is going to come with Google Phone and Messages pre-installed, could have good cameras if going by OP8 series and isn't pointlessly chasing numbers 90hz is good enough for a phone, 120hz should be left to tablets where drawing/CAD apps benefit from the top end responsiveness.

Soldato
I'm really interested in the One Plus Nord, not only as a device in it's own right, but also as a principle that midrange SoCs are now good enough to give the same smooth experience as flagship SoCs (with the exception of taxing games).

One Plus has always been about performance and it's interesting to see their CEO declaring they feel the 765 gives the user experience they've become known for.

It could potentially bode well for the Pixel 5 from a performance for price point of view (although knowing Google, they'll probably still trip over with either the battery or camera lens array, or both).

This could finally be the phone that gives Pixel users another option. A clean OS, is going to come with Google Phone and Messages pre-installed, could have good cameras if going by OP8 series and isn't pointlessly chasing numbers 90hz is good en4ough for a phone, 120hz should be left to tablets where drawing/CAD apps benefit from the top end responsiveness.
its deffo looking to be a cracking device.i was unaware it had a 90hhz screen even.

Soldato
The Nord deserves its own thread. Peasant specs don't belong in here :p

On a more serious note, the Nord looks to be a great affordable handset with the right blend of specs.

Soldato
Nord is looking like one great competitor to the still unreleased Pixel 4a, in fact beating that in quite a few respects.

Really solid midranger with good software support.

Soldato
The new tighter grid size option on the OnePlus launcher is mega welcome. It's the final nail in the coffin for Nova which doesn't support the new Android 10 gestures properly.

OP launcher is the best stock launcher bar far, not surprisingly as all the others are abysmal.

Back
Top Bottom