Issue with broken UPVC door lock - old

Soldato
Hello,

I've run into a bit of trouble today - our UPVC door lock on the back door has given up. The central gearbox has two spindles and the one that the handles use has given up, one of the parts has sheared off. I've used the other, good, spindle to lock the door and the door's currently locked and secure, we can also open it when necessary however it's a screwdriver job.

Looking into it, I can get a replacement multi point lock, however they all from what I can see are 92mm centres. This isn't a problem in itself, as I would be happy to put a new handle on as well, however the old gearbox is extremely long, about 260mm, and the fixing centres on the original handle are around 240mm. The PZ of the two spindles are about 80mm and 100+mm. The upshot of this is that the holes in the door to accommodate are very spread out.

I'm struggling to identify the gearbox as I can't find any marks. Haven't had any joy trying to search the measurements either.

Any recommendations for a good website for sourcing the correct gearbox by the key measurements?

If not, do I have any options considering the big old handle that used to be on there? It all seems fairly standard apart from that, the current faceplate running down the side of the door is about 22mm as opposed to 16mm but there does look to be a normal 16mm channel there so it looks like it'll fit a normal lock and the only issue I have is the gopping great holes in the door.

Anyone dealt with similar? Not really flush enough with cash to be buying a new door right this minute! The ideal solution for now is a replacement gearbox but no idea really what I need.

Any advice/recommendations much appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom