Do motion detection cameras detect fire?

Soldato
Evening,

Does anyone know if cameras with motion detection, like Amazon's Blink XT2, will activate if there's a fire?

I'm trying to see what options I have for remote detection of fire and the like within the home, as all heat and smoke detectors we have are wired in.

Hugh

Soldato
OP
Does nest smoke alarms not provide an online response?
Yeah you want a smart smoke alarm like Nest Protect.

You're both quite right. I was trying to shoehorn my existing gear into a niche that it isn't designed to fill.

Went to Currys to get the Nest Protect...waited for 25 minutes in a queue of two people. Neither of us was served in that period so I walked out!

Soldato
It’s highly unlikely the fire brigade will come out to a nest protect activation without you actually being there to confirm their attendance is required which ultimately limits their benefit.

Soldato
OP
It’s highly unlikely the fire brigade will come out to a nest protect activation without you actually being there to confirm their attendance is required which ultimately limits their benefit.
That's the idea of the camera - remote visual confirmation of either what it's detected, or now what the smoke alarm detects.

Back
Top Bottom