What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I've got 1 episode left of season 8 of Homeland and i'm at the point know where i'm eye rolling episode by episode.

The season started so strong, reminiscent of season 1 quality but after about episode 4 it's descending into 'shock, hah, surprise' story telling each episode. I'll both be sad and glad to see it end.

Soldato
Some great series I’ve watched recently thanks to lockdown:

Upload - great sci-fi comedy

Tales from the Loop - I loved it, reminded me a little of The Leftovers. It’s a little slow but worth it.

The Man in the High Castle - late to the party but I really enjoyed the premise, it got a little boring towards the end tho.

Avenue 5 - not as funny as I’d hoped but just about watchable.

Space Force - again I feel they missed something with it, not as funny as it could have been but still an enjoyable watch.

Final Space - I nearly stopped watching this after a couple of episodes as the main character Gary is so annoying. However I’m glad I kept with it as it has some amazing episodes with powerful scenes which surprised me with a cartoon.

Breeders - Martin Freeman and a hilarious if not quite realistic take on parenting.

For All Mankind - loved this. Interesting alt history plot with accurate facts about the space race. Good sci-fi.

The Rookie - great light hearted cop drama/comedy with Nathan Fillion. Very enjoyable tv.

Soldato
Condor on Sky catch-up. Enjoying it staying just the right the right side of the plausibility line. The escalation has been high in the first 6 episodes but it hasn't gone too far, it hasn't gone into Black List territory.

I've seen Three Days of the Condor but not read Six Days of the Condor but it has a vaguely similar vibe to the film although updated for an eternal war on terror era.

Good cast, nice production values and story is building sensibly.

Soldato
Some great series I’ve watched recently thanks to lockdown:

Upload - great sci-fi comedy

Tales from the Loop - I loved it, reminded me a little of The Leftovers. It’s a little slow but worth it.

The Man in the High Castle - late to the party but I really enjoyed the premise, it got a little boring towards the end tho.

Avenue 5 - not as funny as I’d hoped but just about watchable.

Space Force - again I feel they missed something with it, not as funny as it could have been but still an enjoyable watch.

Final Space - I nearly stopped watching this after a couple of episodes as the main character Gary is so annoying. However I’m glad I kept with it as it has some amazing episodes with powerful scenes which surprised me with a cartoon.

Breeders - Martin Freeman and a hilarious if not quite realistic take on parenting.

For All Mankind - loved this. Interesting alt history plot with accurate facts about the space race. Good sci-fi.

The Rookie - great light hearted cop drama/comedy with Nathan Fillion. Very enjoyable tv.

I've seen all of the comedy ones on your list except Breeders and would echo all of your sentiments, except Final Space - I have no clue why people find The Gary annoying, he's awesome :D Will try Breeders next.

Soldato
I started Schitt's Creek last week and am up to season 3 now :eek: it's a brilliant silly sitcom with some really funny moments and great acting, the characters work really well together.

Soldato
So just finished season 1 of Condor, surprisingly good. They kept it from jumping the shark which is often difficult on spy shows. The last episode had a number of lines lifted verbatim from 3 Days of the Condor which I watched over the weekend. Characters were from the film, the plot seems a bit more inspired by novel after reading the wiki synopsis. Season 2 starts this week so looking forward to it.

Soldato
Started a full rewatch of Justified last night, in my top 10/15 shows of all time and wife hasn't watched it so will be rewatching with much enjoyment over the coming weeks.

Soldato
Started a full rewatch of Justified last night

That's almost spooky, in that I was thinking this morning that I might give Justified it's second watch through when I finish Bosch. (For me I think it's in my Top 5) I have 1 season and 1 ep to go on Bosch and it was this that got me thinking. It's just a solid cop show, good story, good occasional bits a action and tension, good characters and good script and it had me thinking about Justified again. There are a few shows that are just solid all round. I think Elementary would be another, all round solid show.

Soldato
Watched all of season 1 of Miracle Workers on sky and just started season 2. Quite funny and ideal if you're looking for something "light" to watch and the episodes are only 20 mins long

Now started cold case files on Netflix.

Soldato
The Secrets She Keeps 5/10

All of the reveals were so blindingly obvious from the outset that despite it being a thriller you can’t really consider it that. Rather than being on the edge of the seat wondering what was going to happen next you were waiting for the things you knew were coming to happen. Shame really as it could have been good.

Back
Top Bottom