** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
What graphics card driver version are you using? I've read that some versions work better than others. It might be useful for those having issues with flickering to use the same version of the driver to see if that fixes it.
I want to stress out this is adaptive sync, VRR issue, affecting both AMD and NVIDIA users, so this is not GSYNC problem or FreeSync problem, both are affected.

Soldato
I never even noticed that Nvidia pulled driver support for the samsung G7, Sounds like theres issues everywhere for these displays....

Associate
just seeing on reddit that apparently the g9 is facing a recall :( info can be found on ultrawidemasterrace reddit doesnt sound good, companies being told they cannot sell there stock by samsung and that they are to return any of the models they have back to samsung

Associate
just seeing on reddit that apparently the g9 is facing a recall :( info can be found on ultrawidemasterrace reddit doesnt sound good, companies being told they cannot sell there stock by samsung and that they are to return any of the models they have back to samsung
Samsung say there is no recall according to the reddit thread

Associate
my g9 was supposed to be getting picked up by yodel today but still states we are expecting your parcel soon beginning to wonder is it being held at the retailers end :( suppose if there is any issue there samsung wont be wanting to take any risks after the whole galaxy note battery fiasco

Soldato
my samsung G7 is being picked up on friday and going back for a replacement however there saying stock is thin so I will no doubt be waiting months for samsung to fix there crap...

Associate
my g9 was supposed to be getting picked up by yodel today but still states we are expecting your parcel soon beginning to wonder is it being held at the retailers end :( suppose if there is any issue there samsung wont be wanting to take any risks after the whole galaxy note battery fiasco

I would have to agree and that Samsung would play it safe first before risking their reputation again.

Associate
Are you a little special? *Completely* different segment and division, I doubt that piece of info crossed their minds once!
dunno what your problem is but last i checked it was still samsung that was the brand of the phone and i coulda swore i ordered a samsung g9 monitor so yeah the bad press they received because of them phones going on fire im quite sure that if theres as much as a hint of an issue at whats being hinted that the monitor is a fire hazard then yeah i think they would want to resolve that before it gets widespread you clown

Associate
I want to stress out this is adaptive sync, VRR issue, affecting both AMD and NVIDIA users, so this is not GSYNC problem or FreeSync problem, both are affected.
Yeah, I agree. However, I've read about people reporting that the flickering gets worse/better depending on which driver version they install.

Anyway, I'm guessing it's a moot point now since it looks like the rumours might be true that there is a recall going on. I just checked a OC competitors site who I know had stock and they have pulled the listing for all Odyssey monitors.

Associate
Are you a little special? *Completely* different segment and division, I doubt that piece of info crossed their minds once!
I wouldn't be so sure about that, in reality, from a PR point of view, it doesn't really matter about department. The fact is that a product that gets really bad press will affect the reputation of the company regardless of the department responsible. Obviously, it will affect that line of business that developed the product the most, but the company as a whole still has a reputation hit (as can often be seen by share prices when something bad happens). If a company has products that get bad press from multiple lines of business, what does that say about the companies standards?

Back
Top Bottom